Help

Special Education

Vent about director

>

checkerjane

Vent about director
Old 08-23-2019, 04:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

She tells me to do stuff that isn’t right, I show her in the policy and procedure manual where it says so, and she lies and tells my admin she didn’t say that. I’m so done with her. She makes a hard job even harder. She frustrated me so bad this morning that I cried.

ETA - I don’t show her in the policy and procedure manual in an “I’ll prove you wrong” sense. I show her because the crap she’s coming up with makes more work for me, and I have enough to do without stuff that isn’t required.

Last edited by checkerjane; 08-23-2019 at 07:26 PM..
checkerjane is offline   Reply With Quote

teachsph2008

had one of those
Old 08-24-2019, 08:01 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

She sounds nuts and inexperienced. Or perhaps a tad anal mixed with control freak. Why on Earth would someone want to heap on tasks that are not necessary in a job that's already hard enough! Good for you for clueing her in about the manual.
teachsph2008 is offline   Reply With Quote

checkerjane

Old 08-24-2019, 09:11 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Without going into much detail, weíre in a bind with the state dept and itís 100% her fault. Itís something sheís been warned about before, and she did it anyway. So Iím supposed to jump in and do everything she tells me to do? Um, nope.
checkerjane is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 08-24-2019, 01:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

The sped director in my first district was the biggest idiot and pulled crap like that all of the time. I honestly knew more than she did even as a first year teacher (and no, that's not me bragging about how knowledgeable I was- I wasn't- she was just that clueless). She would say things, realize later she was wrong, typically after we got in trouble, and then deny saying them. We used to have a monthly district sped meeting and because of this, people wanted there to be official notes that we could refer back to. She refused, stating that people were only asking that because they weren't paying attention in the meeting, and she wasn't going to allow that . People needed to "pay attention and get the information the first time." So sorry you are dealing with this. This is already a tough job and we don't need people making it harder. Thankfully the director in my current district is much better.
Haley23 is online now   Reply With Quote

GoodEnough85

I have been very lucky
Old 08-25-2019, 08:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

as I have been in three districts in two states and ALL have had awesome Directors.

That said, the most important thing would be to document these conversations AND try to confirm in writing.

After a convo, shoot out an email to her repeating what she said. Use dates and exact quotes when possible. "when we spoke about XX, you said ...." Then asked her to confirm. And state when you plan to address it. "Per your instructions, I will XX beginning..."

I would also print them out and/or BCC to an email account not connected to the District servers.

GoodEnough85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tounces

Ikr
Old 08-28-2019, 07:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I asked mine the other day about how to code Kindergarten on spedforms. She says look in the LRE. I do, nothing there about that. She tells me to look again. Duh, I CAN read. Then she tells me to look in the accommodations. I read all of those in this IEP. Nope. She gives me another studentís to look at to figure it out. I donít even really know why I should read it in the IEP.? I was just trying to change a student from PreK to K. I got a whole drop down to choose from. Iíve never done this before. My choices were: K disabled, KA, KB etc. Finally, the executive director comes in. She tells me to ask her next. She doesnít know either. But AT LEAST SHE ADMITS SHE DOESNíT KNOW EITHER and will let me know later instead of wasting my time. RIDICULOUS
Tounces is offline   Reply With Quote