Help

BusyBoard

Teacher desks

>

kahluablast

Teacher desks
Old 08-11-2020, 04:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Probably hard to find this year as the trend has been to get rid of them (even though I personally think what I see most people put together as their work areas is technically a desk...semantics.)

I moved into a room without a desk but space is at a premium, so I found a small table to smash in the corner to use. This year (remote/hybrid) we are asked to keep our desktop area clean so the custodians can sanitize them (I have yet to smell bleach when I walk into my room). I have a crate on top my desk to provide area for things like hole punch, speakers, and etc. I need to move some of the stuff into a file cabinet that is not very easily accessible from the desk. THen I need to make space for some of the rest of the stuff in other areas hidden, too. For right now, I clorox my own area. What in the heck do I do with my pens and papers I need access to without keeping it on top if I have no drawers!

I need a desk. Yes, I will probably convert the crate to a "drawer" by putting it on the floor with the stuff inside. Maybe I can find something to cover it with. My other thought is just to put a table cloth over top of it and keep wiping it myself. I probably will anyway. If I can't smell bleach, I won't believe anyone wiped anything down.

kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote

Song of Joy

Old 08-11-2020, 06:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I would buy one of those small rolling carts with drawers.

https://www.michaels.com/10-drawer-r...ent=Papercraft
Song of Joy is offline   Reply With Quote

readandweep

hanging shoe organizer?
Old 08-11-2020, 07:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

When I had a classroom that was really an office I put up a hanging shoe organizer under the white board.

Carson Delosa used to make a product specifically for that.

You cold also hand in on a door, wall or filing cabinet.

Maybe a hanging sweater organizer for papers?
readandweep is offline   Reply With Quote

Sleddog

Desk
Old 08-11-2020, 05:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I agree with your observation about getting rid of desks...only to see a kidney table transformed into a ‘desk’.

I have a small table that I have for my laptop and document camera. I guess that is my desk. I found a rolling cart at a thrift store. I removed the wheels and stuck it under my ‘desk’. I use it as desk drawers. Last year I used a Sterilite drawer container.
Sleddog is offline   Reply With Quote