Help

BusyBoard

Does Anyone Use Zearn

>

rosieteaches

Does Anyone Use Zearn
Old 10-22-2018, 02:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

We are encouraged to use Google Classroom and use math sites including Zearn and Prodigy. What can you tell me about Zearn--likes, dislikes, regularly use because...

I haven't warmed up to it yet. I like the sites that tell you how your students are doing. I haven't seen any data from Zearn at all. How do I become a fan? Fifteen minutes a day (encouraged by district) without any feedback is troubling to me.

Thanks for your support.

rosieteaches is offline   Reply With Quote

Lillybabe

Zearn Feedback
Old 10-22-2018, 03:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Zearn does have feedback on how students are doing. It isn't as detailed as some programs but it does give alerts if their progress or fluency drops below a certain score. It also shows you how long they have worked and what lesson they are currently on. Personally, I like it. It seems challenging without being impossible for struggling students. If students miss questions it guides them back through the problem. I have a student using it about 10-15 minutes a day and have already seen some growth due to what he has learned on Zearn. If you use Eureka math it also links directly with Eureka. Students also seem to like it and it seems more productive than Prodigy. I would encourage putting struggling students on a grade below (or lower depending). Though, if you assign them at grade level they can still get to previous grades through "My Stuff" on their account. I've used that to review specific concepts.
Lillybabe is offline   Reply With Quote