Help

Substitute Teachers

Classroom concern at lunch

>

CValleyKid

Classroom concern at lunch
Old 11-22-2018, 01:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello. I was washing my finger in the sink and the splash back was strong; what I washed was some food particle that when wet can look like a wet booger (good luck explaining that to 5th grade right). I sub in the Central Valley. Worst case Iím concerned that a student saw it and will tell on me bc it looked like a booger and Iím not winning this. Worst case as a new sub (this was literally my 15th time) how bad will this look on me? Everyone was at lunch and it was just me in the room. Mind you nobody said anything around the sink.

CValleyKid is offline   Reply With Quote

MaineSub

No worries...
Old 11-22-2018, 04:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I really wouldn't be too worried about this... even if it was a booger, it's not like you violated school policy or a health standard.

I confess I am tempted to have some fun with "How bad will this look on me?" If you're talking about the "booger," it won't look great...

Seriously, sometimes you gotta have fun with stuff like this.

By the way, by some standards completing 15 days of subbing qualifies you as "battle tested."
MaineSub is offline   Reply With Quote
AirStation

AirStation

Just wipe it up again.
Old 11-26-2018, 12:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Please don't worry about what other people think about you.
I don't care what it looked like, you were in the process of washing, which can create some dirt ironically.

Do not feel obligated to explain anything to some 5th graders. You are the teacher that day, what you say goes. Why do they get power over you in the classroom?

The only time students have power in the classroom is if we are playing a game, and I am playing too. Otherwise, it is authority rules (me) and they are the subjects (the students).

On a job, in life, at college, in an in-law relationship, with their government, with their community police officers or law enforcement agency, with their grandparents, (maybe not with their own parents, unfortunately) they are not TOP DOG, yes they are subordinate.

Why and where did teachers and subs get the idea students were EQUALS? They are not.

Why oh why do subs think they have to cater to and be besties with the students, for cripes sake?

Well, I have said all I can say. I don't care if I washed my hands in a daggone sink and the food particles looked, smelled, and actually were dog pies, I would not owe an explanation to anyone, except to laugh with another sub who might have made a comment, such as "that stinks." And peer to peer, I could explain or laugh about it.

Zia

Old 12-02-2018, 06:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Oh my goodness, even if it WERE a booger, WHO CARES? You washed.
Zia is offline   Reply With Quote