Help

Retired Teachers

Monday morning

>

spedder1

Monday morning
Old 11-30-2015, 07:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

It is a little after 9:30 a.m. I just finished breakfast and am playing on the computer. My biggest plans for the day are to turn on the Christmas lights, do a load of laundry, and go get some groceries...or maybe not. I love retirement.
Kathy

spedder1 is offline   Reply With Quote

xcaped

Monday After
Old 11-30-2015, 10:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We celebrated our family Thanksgiving on Sunday this year due to my son's work schedule. So thankful I have time today to clean the inevitable mess left when 10 hungry people chow down on stuff with gravy on it. My little 3 year old grand son helped me empty and then fill the dishwasher. Then he "wiped" the counters. When he was finished, I used the water already on the kitchen floor to clean it down.

Grand-parenthood is great. Retirement is great. Both at the same time is absolutely wonderful.
xcaped is offline   Reply With Quote

funkster

Got up and dressed
Old 11-30-2015, 01:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

had coffee and out the door to meet retired teacher friends. Went to Philly to the Barnes museum. Had a private tour, saw hundreds of Renoirs, Monets, and much much more. Got back to town and passed the school. We all sighed and said, Oh look at all the cars in the parking lot. They are still in their teaching. Oh how we miss that, NOT! Laughed and went home.

Retirement is good.
funkster is offline   Reply With Quote

twinsister

Old 11-30-2015, 08:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Today was the first day of deer season and most of the schools were closed. While my son and daughter were hunting with my husband, I had 4 grandchildren with me all day. Two five year olds, a four year old, and one who is 21 months. We had a fantastic day. We made cut out cookies in the morning after a brisk walk. The 3 oldest played without any arguments and were quiet while the baby napped. The afternoon was spent icing the cookies. They were very creative and had such a great time. I did too. I think this might have to become a yearly tradition! I am so blessed to be retired so I can enjoy these special days.
twinsister is offline   Reply With Quote

anansi

Old 12-01-2015, 05:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I watched an episode of Downton Abbey with my DD, sipped tea, and chatted about her upcoming wedding. Sigh....

anansi is offline   Reply With Quote