Help

Retired Teachers

I am so

>

LisaLin3

I am so
Old 11-29-2015, 03:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

looking forward to having my Sunday's be mine again. I sit all day dreading Sunday evening knowing I will be grading papers and making lesson plans. In 107 more school days, I will not have to do that again. That is one thing that makes me excited about retiring! Can't wait to offically join this board.

LisaLin3 is offline   Reply With Quote

spedder1

Yep. It's Sunday and the most I have to do is
Old 11-29-2015, 03:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Get up and go to the door when the pizza arrives. Retirement is awesome! My house is in an uproar due to having the kitchen remodeled (thus, the pizza being delivered). I thought my blood pressure would be through the roof, even with the most recent complications with the remodel. Nope. Even. Steady. Normal.
Can't wait for you to formally join us. Oh, and I love that you are counting down.
Kathy
spedder1 is offline   Reply With Quote

timeforbed

Sunday
Old 11-29-2015, 05:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I was thinking about all the teachers who head back to school on Monday for those final crazy weeks before Christmas break. They were always hectic, but lots of fun. It was always a balance of excited kids and well...excited kids. You certainly had to enjoy children if you were going to last the three weeks.
timeforbed is offline   Reply With Quote

mhugs

had a moment
Old 11-29-2015, 05:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

but just a moment of missing the December Craziness. This is one of those long Decembers where Christmas break doesn't start until Wed the 23rd at 3pm.
mhugs is online now   Reply With Quote

canteach

You will love it!
Old 11-29-2015, 06:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I do. I try to do a few chores each day and the rest of the day I do whatever I want or do nothing. I still need to clean out the computer room and declutter the rest of the house a bit. I cleaned out lots of clothes earlier in the summer, but since I have been sewing and quilting LOTS! Really need to get back to it.
Hang in there. It will go by faster than you think. Are you crossing off the days as you go? I always did it just to stay on track for meetings & school responsibilities, but it was a special thrill that final year. Best wishes!

canteach is online now   Reply With Quote

Star-Gazer

Old 11-29-2015, 07:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I was in your shoes last year. I hung around this board a lot to help me get through all of the craziness. Everyone here always seemed so happy, and now I know why. The freedom to do what I want to is priceless. At times the waiting seemed never ending and then one day I walked out of the door for the last time. Keep checking in and let us know how you are doing. You'll be here before you know it.
Star-Gazer is offline   Reply With Quote

HenrySam

Old 11-29-2015, 08:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I think one of the nicest parts of retirement is having the Christmas season now be about family and friends. No more going crazy getting parent gifts completed and figuring out what I could get for my students. Treats I make are for family and there is just more time to savor the holidays. Its a wonderful feeling. I remember last year when I walked into Hobby Lobby in November and realized I no longer had to do all the school Christmas stuff! Such a freeing moment!
HenrySam is offline   Reply With Quote

BioAdoptMom3

Old 11-29-2015, 08:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

You are so right about Sunday nights! And, even if you don't have anything you have to do for school, it is so stressful just thinking about Monday morning!

Nancy
BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote

funkster

The bad, hard thing about retirement
Old 11-30-2015, 01:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

is trying to decide whether one is happier on Sunday evening or Monday morning when you wake up and have a slow, enjoyable cup of coffee. Decisions, decisions!

We are here waiting for you. Hope the 107 days go quickly.
funkster is offline   Reply With Quote

2grade

Old 12-01-2015, 01:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Congrats on your retirement decision. Soon it'll be 2016 - your official retirement year! Next year at this time, you'll be relishing your freedom!

2grade is offline   Reply With Quote

LisaLin3

Thank you guys
Old 12-01-2015, 07:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

so much. My husband and mother keep saying I will miss it. I have told them, I've yet to find a teacher who says they regretted retiring. I'm always looking at what you guys say your doing and am so jealous. It helps knowing soon, I will be one those happy Sunday night, Monday morning former teachers.
LisaLin3 is offline   Reply With Quote