Help

Bulletin Boards & Classroom Themes

Theme Help! - Science Lab

>

jennmcg72

Theme Help! - Science Lab
Old 07-05-2006, 03:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I need help with a theme for the upcoming year. I will have a 4th/5th grade combo and my classroom is a science lab. I do teach all subjects. I'm in the lab simply because of lack of space in the school and also because I love science. Anyway, I'm stumped in trying to come up with a great theme to use. I've used sports and underwater themes before, and was happy with both, but I want something different, eye-opening, and appealing to this age group. I'm trying to avoid a rainforest theme, simply because another teacher on the hall is using it. Anyone have an idea of what I could use?

jennmcg72 is offline   Reply With Quote

JulieP

Mad Scientist
Old 07-05-2006, 04:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

How about a Mad Scientist Theme? You can have a Reading Laboratory. Put a couple of those fog mist water fountains around the room for smoke. You could also do a bulletin board titled Weird Science, Look What We've Discovered, or Our Experiments. Greeting could be something like "Mrs. ____Scientists: I'll try to think of some better things. Also check out websites like Bill Nye or Magic School Bus for ideas.
JulieP is offline   Reply With Quote

ismile

Going along with the science theme
Old 07-06-2006, 10:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

If you went the mad scientist route, which I think in your classroom could be so fun, you could have students do a experiment write-up sort of activity during the first days of school. You could have students write a hypothesis for the school year...what they think the year will hold....materials...what they will need to make it a great year....procedure...what they will do to make it a great year....data....set goals and keep track of how students are doing. At the end of the year students could write their conclusions.
ismile is offline   Reply With Quote

missam05

Experiment for the Year
Old 08-12-2009, 01:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

OMG..I LOVE this idea! I'm definitely going to work that into my plan. I'm starting the scientific process/method first thing and that is a great way to incorporate science!!!
missam05 is offline   Reply With Quote