Help

Bulletin Boards & Classroom Themes

Sports Theme Classroom Behavior Management

>

texasteach

Sports Theme Classroom Behavior Management
Old 08-05-2008, 06:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Our Intermediate School is doing a school wide sports theme. We need some help with our discipline plan. We would like to have a school wide discipline plan if possible. I am lost for ideas. Does anyone have something that worked good for 4th and 5th graders?

texasteach is offline   Reply With Quote

imau2u

"GOAL"den Behavior
Old 08-05-2008, 07:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

In my 4th grade classroom, I created a giant football field. I used green fabric and then sewed velcro strips for the lines and added numbers (0-100--which is a little differnent from the real field). Students earn yards and when they reach 100 they earn a touchdown. A few times in the school year, they use their touchdowns to earn prizes... in the past I have done an auction. This year I may have a set number... like hw pass = 5 touchdowns, computer time= 8, lunch in classroom= 20, sit at teacher's desk = 18... you get the point.

Another teacher does a similar thing with a baseball field. They earn bases (a single, double, triple, or possibily a homerun) and when they reach homeplate they earn a run and then they use their runs to buy things.

Hope that helps!
imau2u is offline   Reply With Quote

ramcoach

Old 08-06-2008, 05:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I use a football field also. I have a piece of green astroturf stapled to the wall. The saying above it is "Stay in the Game" The students names are on footballs and megaphones. They start each nine weeks off with a certain number of points. As they misbehave, forget homework, etc. they lose points. Each time they lose a point, they move their football or megaphone over to the next line. If they lose all of their points, they move their name over to the bench. Similar to the PP's, idea, just a different spin. Students who do not lose all of their points participate in a fun day at the end of the nine weeks. Students who lose their points go to a different classroom on that day and bring work with them to do. We implement this program school wide, but everyone keeps tracks of their points in their own way, according to their preference/theme. The PTO provides each grade level with money and we use this for our reward days/trips. It's worked well for years.
ramcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
sgonzalez4

sgonzalez4

NBA club
Old 08-07-2008, 04:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

In my class, I use the NBA club to promote student attendance. This stands for Never Been Absent. I chart students attendance and at the end of the semster, I give students a small treat if they made the club. You can decorate your bullentin board with NBA stuff. The kids really like it!
diamadi

diamadi

Love this!
Old 09-20-2009, 10:15 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Please share some more information I would loooove to use this in my classroom