Help

Bulletin Boards & Classroom Themes

In the Woods theme.....

>

jeanetter99

In the Woods theme.....
Old 08-28-2007, 03:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi everyone...I just joined today! This will be my first year teaching and I'll have a kindergarten class. Every year the school selects a theme which is introduced during the non-fiction unit in February. LAst year it was "Under the SEA" and the hallwaysand walls and ceilings were full of wonderful sea creatures.

This year's theme will be "In the Woods" and I thought it would be fun to set up my classroom from now with things that go along with this theme, for example, I want to call each table an animal (bears, raccoons, owls...) instead of my colors or numbers.....BUT I'm having a very hard time finding cut-outs of forest animals! I've looked all over the web, I went to the Lakeshore learing Center, and other supply stores. They have rainforest animals, jungle animals, zoo animals, farm animals....everything but what I'm looking for!

Does anyone know where I could get these cut-outs? Or a webpage that offers nice picsthat i could printout and laminate?

jeanetter99 is offline   Reply With Quote

scraphappy

Old 08-28-2007, 04:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I bought a set last year that I think was Carson-Dellosa (there is a photo of it on my website under the camping theme pictures (www.clutterfreeclassroom.com). It came with black-lined reporducibles of the animals.
scraphappy is offline   Reply With Quote

scraphappy

Old 08-28-2007, 04:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Also, when you do an internet search try adding the term "coloring pages" i.e. "bear coloring page"
scraphappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sam5

Into the Woods
Old 08-29-2007, 04:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Try typing in Artic North Woods and you will find bear, moose, and other animals.
http://www.homeroomteacher.com/index...h+woods&Page=1

Also DJ Inker has a moose set that has woodland animals.
http://www.thelearningjamboree.com/s...etail?no=38213

DJ Inkwer also has bear cottage sets that might be cute for your kindergarten class if you wanted to go that route. They have a cottage door, window, fireplace, and cozy reading corner sets. I hope that helps.
Sam5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Jessdsharp

Jessdsharp

Old 08-03-2009, 04:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

mardel has a forest theme, it has a HUGE moose and trees and owls and raccoons and so on...i think it was by dj inkers, try looking that up...look on clutterfreeclassroom.com/campingtheme it has this that i am talking about...good luck