Help

Kindergarten

Need help on beginning, middle and end lesson

>

jackiwedd

Need help on beginning, middle and end lesson
Old 01-11-2010, 07:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Need some help with my next observation. My last one was not so good and I am really driving myself crazy to WOW my principle. I do feel a little stumped.I was going to use the very hungry caterpillar but the more i think about it the more i think i should choose another book. Any other books to do BME?
I was going to use as a hook/motivation: have students identify BME of a school day at school? have them already on sentence strips to put in pocket chart.

Need some help ??? Please

jackiwedd is offline   Reply With Quote

SueHue

Old 01-11-2010, 07:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Maybe you can use one a 3 part sequencing activity to introduce BME? Pick 3 students to hold the sequencing pictures, then put them in order by having them stand in the correct order??? Just a thought!!
SueHue is offline   Reply With Quote

SheriTeach83

Old 01-11-2010, 09:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

how about a fairy tale book like the 3 little pigs? Something simple and clear-something that really shows a change from beginning to end. You can even do this with a simple nursery rhyme like Humpty Dumpty. You can have the kids act out what happens first, next and last and or make pictures and have children sequence them. You can also make a beginning, middle and end story map, model and have students create their own with the books they are reading-or with the book you are reading. Hope this helps and good luck !
SheriTeach83 is offline   Reply With Quote

jamoca

Bme
Old 01-12-2010, 05:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I did a lesson on BME where I copied the first and last pages of a book, along with a few random ones in the middle for each kid. I read the book "The Crayon Box That Talked" to the class before explaining anything about the beginning, middle or end. Then I showed them a picture of a train - the engine is the beginning, the cars are the middle, and the caboose is the end. After that, I gave each kid the pictures copied from the book and read the story again. When they found one of their pictures that matched the picture in the book, they put it in the correct order. Then we reviewed it whole group. I really emphasized that the beginning of the story is always the very first page; the ending is always the very last page; and the middle is any of the other pages in the book. I hope this helps!
jamoca is offline   Reply With Quote