Help

Kindergarten

Looking for great observation lesson

>

LillyB2

Looking for great observation lesson
Old 01-12-2010, 06:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

As a new teacher I am looking for a great lesson to WOW my principal during my observation. I am hoping to do something with word building and/or letter sounds. my students are really excelling at this point with letter identification and position. I will have the use of a SMART Board for this lesson and am really excited for the opportunity.

Any ideas would be great...looking forward to hearing your ideas.

Thanks in advance!

LillyB2 is offline   Reply With Quote

sevenplus

Old 01-12-2010, 08:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Well, it's not an idea I have to offer so much, but an anecdote. During one of my observations last year my principal said something like, "I really like your lesson and I could tell it wasn't something you planned just for the observation. Your students had clearly done this before."

We used our blending mats (I just have cardstock divided into 3 sections and students have a set of letters) and made words. We then read a text that contained the words we had just made.

I think most administrators really want to see what you usually do in your classroom. They don't want to be "wowed." They just want to see that you are following the curriculum, engaging your students, and meeting their needs.
sevenplus is offline   Reply With Quote