Help

Kindergarten

Clip Chart

>

KellyNero

Clip Chart
Old 01-12-2010, 06:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I recently saw a post on PT about the Clip Chart. After reading the article, I am really interested to see how it works for others. If you use this system would you mind sharing how it works for you? Pros? Cons? Also, if you use it, do you send home a conduct sheet telling your parents what color their child is on. My current system has three colors, red, yellow, and green. I wonder if all the colors on the chart will confuse my students and parents when it comes to their conduct sheet. In the area where I teach, almost everyone uses the red, yellow, green system. Any help would be appreciated. TIA!!

KellyNero is offline   Reply With Quote

firstyear2009

Old 01-13-2010, 04:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I love the clip chart. It's been working really well. I don't have my students clip down that often, I mainly use it for positive reinforcement. If I tell a student on task to clip up, everyone gets quiet. I keep the attached file in their folders and highlight their level at the end of the day. If they are off the chart, I wear the clothespin and they get stars on their sheet.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf clip chart daily report.pdf (130.6 KB, 189 views)
firstyear2009 is offline   Reply With Quote

firstyear2009

Old 01-13-2010, 04:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I forgot to mention.. the clipchart website has red as being outstanding, yellow as great day, but I originally was using the stoplight system so made red parent contact, orange teacher's choice, and yellow think about it to not confuse them. The colors don't confuse anyone at all. http://www.newmanagement.com/rotr/ro..._27_08_p1.html

KellyNero

Old 01-13-2010, 05:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Thank you so much for your ideas. Your idea about changing the bottom of the chart to yellow, orange, and red is great.

The Bee Tree

Clip Chart question
Old 01-15-2010, 08:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

After a week where the behaviors in the kindergarten class have changed( alot of talking and not listening to adults talking and giving directions), I think I might try this idea. I really don't like to reward the kids with "toys' or trickets so maybe this will help.
For those who use it in the classroom, do the kids stay motivated throughout the week? I have questions about kids who never need reminding about classroom rules and are really good kids.
If anyone can address this concersn, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks so much!
Maryann

The Bee Tree is offline   Reply With Quote

firstyear2009

Old 01-16-2010, 11:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

They are constantly motivated. The rewards are endless. LOVE this behavior system because it rewards good behavior without having to give them "things"

KellyNero

Old 01-16-2010, 12:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I plan on implementing the Clip Chart next week. I was thinking of my students who always follow the rules. You could use those students as positive reinforcement... Ex: Thank you John for sitting correctly, you can move your clip up. Everyone else then sits correctly because they want to move their clip up. As far as motivation, you could give them little rewards for reaching outstanding, like a jewel on their clip or you could wear their clip. There are many ideas if you google, clip chart.

msamyb

Clip chart
Old 01-16-2010, 12:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

WOW - thanks so much for sharing your attachments, the web site, & ideas for the clip chart. I might try to use this in my classroom.
msamyb is offline   Reply With Quote

firstyear2009

Old 01-16-2010, 03:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I forgot to mention, if they are "off the charts" I wear their clothespin and they are so pleased