Help

Kindergarten

Math Tubs

>

Kelli

Math Tubs
Old 01-13-2010, 11:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Someone please tell me how do and manage your math tubs. I am really unhappy with my math block and would like to add math tubs to it. What tubs do you have? How many? Do you change the activities? Do you do them daily? How long do you do them each day?

Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote

kteacher/md

Old 01-13-2010, 04:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We do math tubs every day. I teach a whole group lesson then the kdis get to choose from four choices (computer, me, measurement and patterns OR numbers and graphs). I have some more info on my website, if you are interested. My kids get to choose which they do each day. We take about 20 minutes, gather on the carpet to share, then they choose again. I have a different amount of time each day for math so how much we get to depends on the day. It is my version of Daily Five for math.

http://web.hcpss.org/~laura_rieben/
kteacher/md is offline   Reply With Quote
kinderlove18

kinderlove18

math tubs
Old 01-13-2010, 06:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I use the Developing Number Concepts Book number 1 by Kathy Richardson. It's a great book. There are whole group activities, intervention, and center activities to go with concept you are teaching. I teach the activity as a whole group and they go with a partner and do the activity. I also teach my lesson for the day. When it is time for math stations my students know to choose one of these activities. It has worked better than anything else I've tried.