Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Masks

>

happygal

Masks
Old 07-27-2020, 08:50 PM

I hate them. I really hate to see someone who should be making me wear one not wearing one. Someone working in a medical office.

I vocalized this to the nurse. The doctor then came in with an attitude of negativity toward me.

Am i the only one fed up with different rules for different people?

happygal is offline   Reply With Quote

Starr

Old 07-27-2020, 10:14 PM

Seems hypocritical for someone not wearing a mask to tell you off for doing the same.

That said, in a doctor 's office of all places, the safest thing is to keep one on. You just don't know what germs are around.

I've found the disposable ones to be the most comfortable. Others are either very hot or pull on my ears. Can you try to find a kind that works for you?
Starr is offline   Reply With Quote

marguerite2

Old 07-28-2020, 03:05 AM

The staff at a doctorís office should know better. But some donít think they have to follow rules.

Masks are required here. The state department of health here has been doing random inspections. Last week they closed one restaurant and two doctor practices over not following the statewide rules for being open. One of the multiple problems that closed them was the staff not wearing masks or wearing them incorrectly. All reopened after signing compliance orders.
marguerite2 is online now   Reply With Quote

BettyAnna

They should know better.
Old 07-28-2020, 04:09 AM

I agree with you. I have decided to be assertive. I had a doctor's appointment and he came in the room to examine me and didn't wash his hands. I asked him nicely to wash his hands. I am not going to put my health at risk.
BettyAnna is offline   Reply With Quote

Ruby07

Old 07-28-2020, 04:21 AM

Perhaps the person who told you to wear a mask was sitting behind glass and isolated, so she didn't need to wear one? But you, in the waiting room, walking through the office to the examination room, interacting with nurses and doctors.....you would need to wear one to protect others.

Nobody really likes wearing a mask, but we are doing it to protect others, since you can have the virus and feel fine. This is how we will stop the spread of the virus, and eventually be able to stop wearing masks!

Ruby07 is offline   Reply With Quote

happygal

Yes
Old 07-28-2020, 05:52 AM

I do comply, need disposables, my face sweats! Might be cleansing for the pores.

No, she wasn't behind glass. She was cranky. When i got there said, " what is your name. Sit down." She really wasn't making me wear a mask, i just knew that i must.

My doctor did not wash his hands in the examination room, he and his nurse both wore masks.

Waiting 30 minutes in a mask was bad. I know why the receptionist was cranky and pulled hers off.

NJ Teacher

Masks
Old 07-28-2020, 07:03 AM

A necessary evil, but I hate them, too. I also found the disposable ones to be lighter than the fabric. I wear them as required by my state, but I am so glad I am retired. I cannot imagine teaching in one all day. I had gym first thing in the morning once a week my last year. If I took a mask break at that time, I would have to wait hours before being able to take it off again.
NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

chipmunky

I can't believe
Old 07-28-2020, 07:41 AM

that doctors and other people in the medical profession are not masking up and acting paranoid.

I had to go to the doctor twice, and my DH had to go once. We had the same experience all 3 times. Make an appointment, sit in the parking lot and text the office. Wait for someone masked and gloved to come out with paperwork, fill it out in the car, they came back to take it into the office. Nurse comes out, we step out of the car and she takes our temperature. We walk to the examining room, do not pass the desk, do not walk through the waiting room, room has just been cleaned, doctor visit, leave the examining room get walked to the exit door, do not touch anything on the way out!

Masks are uncomfortable, what is worse? Being on a ventilator. I'll wear my mask all the time given those options. If my DHs' heart surgeon could wear masks for the hours and hours of surgery, who am I to complain?
chipmunky is offline   Reply With Quote

cvt

medical office
Old 07-28-2020, 08:21 AM

I can't believe someone working in a medical office would not be wearing a mask. I had a routine checkup last week, and every single person working in the building wore a mask. Some even wore two masks, a paper mask and a cloth mask over the paper one. Your doctor should know better that to give you attitude about it.
Quote:
Perhaps the person who told you to wear a mask was sitting behind glass and isolated, so she didn't need to wear one?
This would be the only reason I could think of why someone would not have to wear a mask in the medical building.
cvt is online now   Reply With Quote

Ruby07

Old 07-28-2020, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Waiting 30 minutes in a mask was bad. I know why the receptionist was cranky and pulled hers off.
Why was it so bad? I've worn one for 3-4 hours at a time, and although I didn't particularly enjoy it, it was FINE. Just something to get used to.

I'm in New York, and it's just part of life now. When we leave the house, we used to do the "phone, wallet, keys, glasses" check, and now we've added "masks" lol. It's an incredibly minor inconvenience. Even my daughter, who has asthma and works outside for 8 hours in the heat, has had no problems at all wearing it.

Ruby07 is offline   Reply With Quote

happygal

In my case
Old 07-28-2020, 05:06 PM

The masks i have are cloth and do not breathe, it is like suffocating, i am retired, i stay home a lot. So for me the mask was bad, it would have been a better practice to text the patient when the doc is ready.

Masks lessen the likelihood of catching Covid, i feel many view them as protection.