Classroom Management

Help! Students are so nasty to each other

>

Baffled

Baffled

Help! Students are so nasty to each other
Old 10-24-2019, 06:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have a group of 15 students, half of which will not stop yelling or picking verbal fights with one another. I've tried incentives but if they don't accomplish what they need to, they all hang up on 1-2 students and blame them.
Everyday is a constant struggle. They yell at each other when they should be working alone, the same when we are in whole group, and I haven't even been able to try small groups because of the behaviors. In addition to the yelling, students run around the room and touch each other or spray water at each other. It's a constant battle between children yelling, "shut up," until it escalates to become more personal.
I've talked to admin and they have been completely useless- I was told not to spend additional time on sel or relationship building, just to put them on computers with headphones (which I dont have 15 of) on.
I've asked for the students it concerns the most to be separated and they have refused to answer this.
I've searched online for answers and have found nothing. I've talked to our social worker and haven't had success with their ideas. What do I do when students will not leave each other alone?

Fenwick

Old 10-28-2019, 07:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

What incentives have you tried?
Fenwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Domanique

Domanique

Classroom conflict management
Old 03-04-2020, 01:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

It is important that you show your students that there are systematic ways of resolving conflicts on their own, allowing them to request the help of an adult only when necessary. Students need to see that every action does not require an reaction. When these students learn how to avoid arguments and fights that may occur in schools, it helps them to be responsible as well as to be actively engaged in their classroom sessions. My advice to you is that you should have a discussion with these students and lay down a few ground rules that each of them must follow. Along with penalties if these rules are broken. So in other words make an agreement between you and your students. No fights! No detention! Good luck