Is there anyone else who has or has not received their stimulus check? - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Substitute Teachers

Is there anyone else who has or has not received their stimulus check?

>

Bobbies

Is there anyone else who has or has not received their stimulus check?
Old 04-18-2020, 01:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Is there anyone else who has NOT received their stimulus check? It was my understanding, checked would be DD'ed into our accounts on Wednesday. I don't know about those getting them in the mail.
Then, I heard of the glitch with people who had their taxes prepared at H&R Block or Turbo Tax. They are also saying that people can have their wages taken away from them if they owe money to banks by private accounts. I guess that means if your account went to collections, they can legally take it from you. Those in Power are now claiming at the time they did not know of the law. I have no outstanding bills so that would apply to me.
In short, we have not received our stimulus checks yet.
I still have not had much progress at all with my unemployment check either. What is going on with you all?

Bobbies is offline   Reply With Quote

Sirsubalot

Old 04-18-2020, 02:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

My check has not been deposited in my account, but I am wondering if it is because I do not have direct deposit set up with the IRS.

I thought that the checks would just be deposited into our account on file with the IRS, but since I have not gotten mine yet, I am hoping it will be mailed beginning on April 24.

IU insurance is probably different in Texas, but I did get my payment four days after filing here in CA.
Sirsubalot is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 04-18-2020, 02:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

No direct deposit because IRS doesn't have my bank info- I've never gotten a refund. One would think they could use the information from the check I sent them to pay what I owed, but apparently they're not doing that- it's only those who had actual direct deposit for a refund set up. I tried to use the website to enter my bank info and I get the error message about them not being able to determine eligibility for payment. My understanding is that the paper checks will take months- I've heard August or September for some people. If I get a check this summer, great, but at this point I'm not holding my breath.
Haley23 is online now   Reply With Quote

luv2teach2017

Yes :)
Old 04-18-2020, 03:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I received mine about a week ago...direct deposit, $1200 as promised.
luv2teach2017 is offline   Reply With Quote

subasaurus

Old 04-18-2020, 05:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I received my stimulus check via direct deposit.

However, I STILL can't get ahold of unemployment after I filed my online claim weeks ago.

Phone lines have been busy for weeks.

subasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote

Sublime

Old 04-18-2020, 10:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I have no bank account on file with the IRS. I am watching the website for when I am able to enter that information. There is an order in which people are getting it and those with bank accounts on file with the IRS are getting it first. Then, I believe they will start mailing checks. I have also heard if you don't get your check for some reason, the credit will be on file next year when you file 2020 taxes.

I have, however, received the extra $600 per week for unemployment in the last check I got. Still can't believe that.
Sublime is offline   Reply With Quote

klarabelle

Old 04-18-2020, 11:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I haven't gotten my stimulus check yet. I am expecting direct deposit. I am of the mind I will see it when/if I see it
klarabelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Ima Teacher

Old 04-19-2020, 09:38 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Ours appeared as pending in our account on April 14, and 8t was available on April 15. I have used Turbo Tax to prepare my own taxes for close to 25 years. We paid taxes last year, but we got a small refund this year. We filed early, so our information was on file.

My mom doesn’t know if she got hers or not. She doesn’t do online banking. She does, however, get a social security direct deposit, so I think she probably got hers. Her BF, however, has not gotten his. He still works, receives social security, and has a pension from VA. He filed taxes last year, but has not gotten his done yet this year. He keeps asking Mom about hers, and she keeps telling him she doesn’t know. Then he asks her why we got ours and he didn’t, like she knows.
Ima Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

BadKitty

Old 04-19-2020, 11:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

We haven't gotten ours yet, but we owed the last two years, so I'm guessing our's will be mailed so it'll take awhile
BadKitty is offline   Reply With Quote

TheMercenary

Old 04-20-2020, 01:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Here is the IRS site to check on your phttps://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-paymentayment:

TheMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote

CC96

Nope
Old 04-20-2020, 03:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

We have not received ours, it will probably be deposited via my husbandís Social Security direct deposit information in the next few weeks. Hopefully! Due to a 401k withdrawal, we only get a portion.
CC96 is online now   Reply With Quote

elepen

Old 04-20-2020, 06:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

No unemployment or stimulus check
Does give me hope that some of you have gotten yours
elepen is offline   Reply With Quote

Fractured

Old 04-20-2020, 07:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

Yeah, nothing here either. My unemployment claim hasnít even been processed and itís been over two weeks. The irs app to find out when your check comes keeps saying it canít tell me when the stimulus check is coming either. The fed govt messed this up royally like everything else they do.
Fractured is online now   Reply With Quote

Aillya

Old 04-21-2020, 03:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

I received my stimulus check, but I've heard nothing about my unemployment claim. I filed a month ago. I tried to call them and got nothing. I went online and tried to file again and they wouldn't let me. No email, no letter, nothing. I'm just chalking it up to the system being overburdened, but it sucks that there's no way to contact them and they won't even let me refile.
Aillya is offline   Reply With Quote

Fractured

Old 04-21-2020, 05:50 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

If you can claim by the week or whatever your check in is online, then you are in the system. 4 weeks is pretty much what it seems to be taking for everyone I know who applied in mid March. It sounds like they just send you the debit card if they donít flag your claim. They are claiming they are still sending out money to people after three weeks here, but that is not the case. The system has broken down twice on the day you are supposed to claim for the week and it was telling people to restart their claim by accident. I am reading that most states have very old computer systems from the 90s, and even if they were given funding to change it( like in my state), they just started getting around to it after years of not updating. This is why the fed govt should have paid at least some employers to keep their company on payroll to not overwhelm the system. Itís such a joke.
Fractured is online now   Reply With Quote

knitting987!

Old 04-21-2020, 08:15 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #16

Us!! Keep us posted on what to do if it never comes. We moved and so for whatever reason, dh said they had to mail it.
knitting987! is offline   Reply With Quote

CC96

AillyaóCa EDD
Old 04-21-2020, 08:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #17

You probably can’t refile because you are already in the system as filed, but you should’ve definitely received something from them. See if you can log on to your account— you need to set up an account with a password etc. If you logon you should see the status of some things and if you don’t see anything going on you can email them to the contact us tab. Once they get you active you will be paid all retroactive payments—eventually
CC96 is online now   Reply With Quote

bodhimom

California
Old 04-21-2020, 11:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #18

All of this stuff has so much red tape!!! I'm still shocked that I'm getting anything, though.
bodhimom is offline   Reply With Quote

Aillya

@cc96
Old 04-22-2020, 06:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #19

Thanks. I'd tried all of those things already, so I'm just waitin'. Here's hoping retroactive payments happen from them. Good luck to everyone.
Aillya is offline   Reply With Quote