Those of us who pay $10 for apps, keep it over summer? - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Substitute Teachers

Those of us who pay $10 for apps, keep it over summer?

>

Bobbies

Those of us who pay $10 for apps, keep it over summer?
Old 04-25-2020, 04:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

OK guys. My unemployment situation is still a mess but that's another issue. I have an app called subside kick which automatically deducts $9.99 from my pay pal account each month. I've had it since the 1st year I began subbing in 2015. I think it is stupid to continue to carry this during our 3 month summer break, 5 months this year, since we got out early.
Who knows if we're only going back next year but that's another question. I was just wondering, can you cancel and save yourself some money over the summer, then get it back about 2 weeks or so before the start of the next school year? What do you all do? Do you keep your sub side kick like applications, or not?

Bobbies is offline   Reply With Quote

CC96

Yes
Old 04-25-2020, 07:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

You just have to contact them and tell them you want to cancel and then resume it when you want to resume it.
CC96 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sublime

Old 04-25-2020, 10:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I use Jobulator and I cancel it every summer. I canceled it early this month. For Jobulator you go into your account and stop the payment; it's very easy. I start it up about a week or so before school starts.
Sublime is offline   Reply With Quote

Bobbies

Thank You All!
Old 04-26-2020, 12:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Thank you all so much for your answers! I don't see the need in paying $10 a month every summer month when I'm not even in class! Isn't that kind of fraudulent for them to be doing this when they know that you don't work in June July or August?
Bobbies is offline   Reply With Quote

NJSubteacher

I always keep mine
Old 05-01-2020, 06:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I only pay $5.99/month with Sub Alert and I always keep it because my districts tend to post jobs for September during the summer, and I like to grab those jobs first. Especially since work is not always steady in Sept.

I am fairly certain school will resume in the Fall. This virus is starting to decline already and many states are already starting to carefully reopen.

NJSubteacher is offline   Reply With Quote