Help

Substitute Teachers

New Changes to Unemployment Law!!!!!

>

Bobbies

New Changes to Unemployment Law!!!!!
Old 05-03-2020, 04:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

On Thursday, Texas Governor Greg Abbott liberalized the requirements for those to get on unemployment. Here is a reader's Digest summary I found online and is quoted.

"Texans who are at high risk or live with high-risk people ó such as people older than 65 and those who are immunocompromised ó can still receive unemployment benefits. Those who have been diagnosed with COVID-19, are in a 14-day quarantine or live in a household with someone who has tested positive for the coronavirus can also continue receiving benefits." By the way, I do live in Texas.

I live with my father who is 83 years old who, in the last week was sent to the ER twice; once by ambulance and once I took him. I have all of his records, if necessary. I know I would definitely fit the immunocompromised unemployment benefits, would I not? I don't know if I have to fight the Texas workforce commission again to receive these benefits, however my benefits for substitute teaching are to end in late may. Would that be the correct time to file for new unemployment benefits based on governor Abbott's new set of laws this Thursday?

Bobbies is offline   Reply With Quote

Star-Gazer

Old 05-04-2020, 05:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Based on what Iím reading, it sounds like you qualify. It doesnít hurt to try. Good luck.
Star-Gazer is offline   Reply With Quote

Bobbies

Yes
Old 05-05-2020, 07:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thank You!
Bobbies is offline   Reply With Quote