Help! Forgot to report training wages on UI. - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Substitute Teachers

Help! Forgot to report training wages on UI.

>

Sublime

Help! Forgot to report training wages on UI.
Old 05-10-2020, 08:50 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm in CA. Subs were permitted to earn $ by sitting in on on-line teacher trainings. I figured I'd report the wages when I got paid but noticed I was supposed to report them the weeks of the trainings. No way I'll be able to call for help. I'm willing to pay them back. Would you wait to get a notification or post the earnings on the form for later dates, even if the dates are wrong? I really don't know what to do. I'm supposed to recertify today but will wait until tonight. Hopefully, someone will have some advice. Pleease! Thank you!

Sublime is offline   Reply With Quote

CC96

Contact
Old 05-10-2020, 09:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

You can use contact us option and ask two questions per day and they will get back to you eventually. You can make them aware of the information in that format.
CC96 is offline   Reply With Quote

luv2teach2017

Report today on your cert. form
Old 05-10-2020, 10:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I would just report the earnings today on your EDD account online certification form. As long as you report the earnings, that's all that really matters ( I'm sure lots of folks get earned vs paid dates confused).
luv2teach2017 is offline   Reply With Quote

Coffee368

Old 05-10-2020, 06:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Others here are probably right about reporting it the next time you fill it out. But you could also go the route of sending them a message with the dates you received pay, and they should adjust the next payment they give you (when they do get around to reading your message). Just make an effort to notify them, but don’t stress over it. You could always do nothing and wait, and maybe they’d eventually notice and let you know you owe a bit back, but sending them a message about it now would give you peace of mind. It’s not a big deal; it will get straightened out one way or another!

Oh, if you do send them a message, I contacted them via a message online and it took them 2-3 weeks to answer. If you do go that route. I also live in a different state than you do, but maybe that gives you an idea of the wait time.
Coffee368 is offline   Reply With Quote

luv2teach2017

California EDD doesn't respond to emails
Old 05-10-2020, 06:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

For California, I wouldn't recommend trying to contact EDD. They're just too swamped. Over the last 2 months, I've sent CA EDD multiple messages via my UI online account and have not received a single response.

The best option is to keep it simple and use the normal process. Just report the earnings via your most recent online certifying form and use the most feasible dates. What matters is that you report the earnings. Your next payment will then be reduced by that amount.

Fractured

Old 05-10-2020, 08:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

As long as you report it, I donít see it being a problem. If they overpay you one week, they will just take it out the next week.
Fractured is offline   Reply With Quote

Sublime

Old 05-10-2020, 09:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Thank you everyone! I reported it and changed the dates to the ones on the current form. If they contact my employer the dates will be different but I reported the exact amount of my training pay, so hopefully I won't hear anything about it.
Sublime is offline   Reply With Quote

luv2teach2017

Old 05-11-2020, 04:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

You're welcome!

Believe me, EDD is not going to contact your employer. They are overwhelmed with claims and doing the bare minimum right now. Don't worry about the dates. You reported your earnings. That satisfies your obligation.