Help

Substitute Teachers

Survey from sub staffing agency

>

c6g

Survey from sub staffing agency
Old 05-19-2020, 01:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

In my email, I recently received a short survey from my substitute staffing agency. I looked it over, and decided to ignore it. They wanted feedback about common issues that subs face, but it wasn't anonymous.
Two days ago another message arrived, informing me that the earlier survey hadn't been submitted. I was strongly urged to complete it, so I did.
My answers were respectful and mostly positive, but also honest.

In the many years I've been subbing, I've never been asked to complete this kind of survey. My theory is that school districts and substitute staffing agencies are quietly starting to panic. They're probably worried that many subs won't return in the fall.

c6g is offline   Reply With Quote

bodhimom

Old 05-19-2020, 02:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

At least they were somewhat interested, for a change. I don't blame you for being leery, especially since it wasn't anonymous, but if you were mostly positive, hopefully it is a good sign. I know there is no way that most can be any LESS interested in what subs think, that is for sure.

What were some of the questions, if you don't mind? just curious...

I wonder how many subs are going to quit because of virus issues. I'm pretty sure two will quit at my school. One is as old as dirt and she has had a triple bypass. Pretty sure she won't be back. The other is as old as dirt. I doubt if he'll be back, either, and there are only 3 or 4 of us regulars.

I hope they don't change to a staffing company.
bodhimom is offline   Reply With Quote

c6g

Old 05-21-2020, 06:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Interesting comments, Bodhimom. At this point I'm undecided about the fall, but I'm in my 60s and might also quit because of virus concerns.

On the survey, we were asked for our thoughts about pay rates, general classroom behavior, sub folders, lesson plans, etc. We were also asked to write suggestions about how the school district could improve the guest teaching experience.
c6g is offline   Reply With Quote

pt2014js

Old 05-27-2020, 11:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Yes interesting that someone care about our opinion.
And how to get us to come back.
I have walked into some terribly overcrowed classrooms, maybe another sub didn't show up and classes get split up to other classrooms.
Kids sitting on the floor.
I don't want to do that in the fall.
pt2014js is offline   Reply With Quote

ElemEd

Old 06-13-2020, 09:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

The district where I work doesn't use an agency. They use an employee at the district office, and a computer program (Frontline). After every assignment we are asked to fill out a survey rating the day overall (1 to 5 stars) and plenty of room for listing particulars. If it isn't filled out within 2 days, we get an email reminder, so they get tons of feedback. I like that.
I am pretty honest. Any teacher that I give 4 or 5 stars is a classroom where I'll gladly return. If I give less, I won't. The teachers get a similar survey to rate us.

ElemEd is offline   Reply With Quote