Substitute Teachers

PUA in PA

>

Justasubtwo

Justasubtwo

PUA in PA
Old 06-22-2020, 01:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Any substitute teachers in PA eligible for PUA, and get any payments? I work through Kelly Services and the middle of April, they sent out an email for customer service work, and data entry jobs. My typing skills suck, and my laptop is old, so l didn't sign up for these positions. Will this hurt my chances of getting PUA? I tried regular unemployment and was denied. I have received generic emails and mail saying that l qualify. When l check the website, it just keeps saying payments in progress and there are also issues. I am beyond frustrated. I want to know one way or the other if l actually do qualify for anything. I can't get through on the phone, and all email answers are a generic one they send out.

Thanks,

Shannon

klarabelle

Old 06-22-2020, 11:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

My friend who works for Kelly Services as a sub. She recently started receiving unemployment. It took her over an hour to get through to someone. She said she wasn't going to hangup until she talked to a person. I hope this helps you a little.
klarabelle is offline   Reply With Quote

MACMama

It's a mess, but it does work out
Old 06-23-2020, 08:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I'm in PA. I applied on March 22. On May 5, I was denied because they said I did not make enough $$ for the last 4 quarters of the year. I sent back a copy of every pay stub from October 2018 through March 13, 2020. It took a while but I printed out each one from the Kelly website. On May 22, I was finally accepted. They loaded the $ on a debit card. I received everything from the week ending March 21 on that card. I got into the website to have the rest put directly into my bank account. I believe that, once school resumes, we may not be able to collect. I think it may depend on how the district goes back to teaching. My small district is a Title 1 district. I can't imagine anything but going back to the physical buildings. Many have no internet, and all of them need their meals. Closing the building would not be a good thing.

Call the bank that the debit card is issued from. The number is on the PUC website. They will call back and can at least let you know if a card is issued for you. That's how I found out that the payments were actually made.
MACMama is offline   Reply With Quote

Nietzsche

Old 06-27-2020, 08:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I'm in PA. I applied and received it unemployment in Mid-March. They sent me the debit card but I had given them info for direct deposit, and that is how I'm receiving payments.
Nietzsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Justasubtwo

Justasubtwo

Old 06-29-2020, 07:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

So Kelly Services doesn't fight unemployment or PUA?

Nshealer

Nshealer

Pua
Old 07-06-2020, 06:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I am a substitute and also live in Pennsylvania. I filed in March and was accepted for PUA due to low wages.
I was wondering if i should stop filing mid June because that is when schools would wrap up for the year but i have read so much conflicting information. It seems many of us would not qualify for regular unemployment over the summer but many are saying that since this is a different circumstance and PUA that we should continue to file.
I am just concerned about having to have to pay all of the money back. Is anyone else concerned about this? Or have any of you spoken to someone at PUA who has given any advice and confirmed either way what we should do as subs in this situation?