Help

Third Grade

Bus Tag Question

>

teachnbehappy

Bus Tag Question
Old 08-05-2011, 02:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

How do you use bus tags for your students? I used tags last year for my kids but they disappeared a few days later...they weren't attached to their bookbags and the kids didn't use them. I think by third grade they know where they're going and what bus they ride. So how do you use bus tags in an effective way? If you use them at all...

teachnbehappy is offline   Reply With Quote

kristen_teach

Old 08-05-2011, 02:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I teach 4th and we don't use them at all. All the bus riders go to the gym and sit by signs that have their name and bus number. They are dismissed one bus at a time. Small school though- don't know if this helps at all.

I guess I can't imagine what you would do with the tags.
kristen_teach is offline   Reply With Quote

SaberTeach

Bus Tags
Old 08-05-2011, 05:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Our school district is small but our elementary school currently houses all 600+ elementary kids. Our district printed bus tags for each of our kiddos on the hard plastic our lunch tickets are on (similar to a drivers license). We then hole punched them and attached them to book bags with zip ties. We told the kids they would not be allowed on a bus without these tags....perhaps a little extreme as we would get them home but they lasted most of the year.

When kids had changes to their bus schedule the office had wristbands they wrote on - we could attach these to the kids' wrists or bookbags as well.
SaberTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

desert flower

This year I found little
Old 08-05-2011, 10:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

plastic name tag pouches at the Dollar Tree. I found them next to the pencils and school stuff. They are the kind that would clip to a lanyard. I'm going to put go home instructions on a name tag, and insert it into the plastic pouch. Then I'm going to safety pin it to the zipper tag on their backpack. It's sturdy enough it won't fall off unless they take them off.
desert flower is offline   Reply With Quote