Help

The VENT

Clueless husband just said...

>

tealsky

Clueless husband just said...
Old 02-19-2019, 05:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

My husband normally works on Saturdays. He gets Wednesdays at home ALONE!!! Lol, every week!!! Jealousy at best

He's actually off this Saturday, and my daughter has an event. I was like "Yay, you can keep 'our son (toddler)' while I take her."

He responded, "What? How's that a day off for me?!"

Meanwhile, I'm either working, chasing our kids, or more likely than not, working while chasing our kids on Saturdays. I always have work that follows me home or that I go in for several hours on the weekend to catch up.

I may be contacting a lawyer tomorrow.

tealsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Claire

Old 02-19-2019, 05:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Uh yeah, no man child. There are no "days off" from parenting. I haven't had a "day off" in 18 years now.
Claire is offline   Reply With Quote

tealsky

To Claire
Old 02-19-2019, 05:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Right! I just stared him down, no words. Feared what would come out if I opened my mouth.
tealsky is offline   Reply With Quote

MAsped

Old 02-19-2019, 05:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

OMG, he doesn't even want to take care of his OWN baby?!

Tell him because he's his father and that's what a parent's supposed to do. I read your post to my fiance' and he said...well, you don't know what my fiance' said about your husband.
MAsped is offline   Reply With Quote

Janylynne

Ugh!
Old 02-19-2019, 06:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

So annoying and immature. I’d be steamed at him.

When my kids were young, back in the 80s, early 90s, it was common for my friend’s husbands to play golf every Saturday. Now, I get that we all need down time and time with friends, but somehow this didn’t apply to my friends getting “mom” time off. They were on duty 24/7!

I was on duty most of the the time too, but my DH was busy outside the home not playing golf but actively involved in our kids’ sports. He wouldn’t have dared play golf!

Sorry you had this issue.

Janylynne is offline   Reply With Quote

c6g

Old 02-20-2019, 05:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

As a dad, I think your husband is wrong. When my kids were young, I spent a lot of time alone with them. Having said this, I'm guessing your husband doesn't often spend time alone with the kids. Sadly, he might not feel very comfortable doing it.

If the weather is nice where you live, perhaps they could go to the park. I used to do that all the time, even when my kids were very young. It was a win-win situation because I could get out of the house and get some exercise, and my kids enjoyed it too. If you live near a zoo, that could also work (another thing I used to do). If outdoors activities aren't an option, is there an indoor place that both might enjoy?

If your son is old enough to do a simple coloring or painting activity, that could also be a possibility. My kids used to love this.

If you have friends with kids that age, perhaps the dads could get together and let the kids play. Perhaps they could all go out to lunch together. That wasn't something I did very often, but moms do it all the time. Why not dads?

I'm guessing that your son still takes an afternoon nap, so your husband will still get some time to himself.
c6g is offline   Reply With Quote

Kinderkr4zy

Old 02-20-2019, 08:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Quote:
What? How's that a day off for me?!
Its a day off for you in the exact same way that its a day off for me since I also have the kids and household to run every single weekend.

Its a day off from your job, not from life and luckily youre not a babysitter during the workweek, your a (insert job here).

In fact if we look at it like that, my life is like being a dentist who comes home only to find my dental patients sitting in my living room asking me to drill their teeth while I cook our dinner. That means I havent had a day off in years...I guess that means I am due the time off-see ya later I'm going to a spa.
Kinderkr4zy is offline   Reply With Quote

Ima Spedtcher

Old 02-28-2019, 07:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

My DH gets random days off, so if he is off during the week he gets a day to himself and felt he could do whatever he wants on the weekend as well.

One weekend a few years ago, I actually broke down and started crying. I explained that it feels like I hadn’t had a day off since my first child was born. I work all week, after school is picking kids up, dropping off, helping with homework, feeding everyone. Weekends I work just as hard cleaning the house, taking kids places, kid events. Ever since then he has been cleaning during the week and finding time to do things for me and the kids. On his rare weekend days off, he does everything so I can have a chance to do nothing. I am keeping him
Ima Spedtcher is offline   Reply With Quote