Help

The VENT

Invisible me

>

DOUBLEWOW

Invisible me
Old 09-14-2019, 03:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm not really sure if this is going to be a long or short vent. I went shopping today. Surprise, surprise and suddenly I see one of my no longer co-worker shopping as well. I get all happy and ready to say hi and all I get is the cold shoulder. I kid you not, this person was one to two feet away from me and purposely looked away every single time I tried to make eye contact. I was INVISIBLE. It was a very unsettling feeling/moment for me. I am feeling all sorts of emotions right now. I angry, sad, bewildered and so on. I feel angry that this person didn't have the backbone to tell me in my face what offended them about my presence especially since when I was at the school it was all smiles and there was never a problem. I'm absolutely positively sure that I haven't done anything to this individual. What do they have against me and why don't they man up and tell me on my face. As far as I know I left the school on a positive note.
Also, I am not the talkative type, I was just going to be courteous, say hi and quickly move on. How did I offended this individual, when? I am really upset at their deceptive smiles when I was at the school. I feel used and discarded.

DOUBLEWOW is offline   Reply With Quote

Singvogel

Sadly, Mean Girls
Old 09-14-2019, 03:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

types are even in education. With those kind of people, you don't have to "do" anything.
Singvogel is offline   Reply With Quote

sisterwoman

Old 09-14-2019, 04:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

You’re assuming that the person was trying to shun you but maybe the person has something personal going on that has nothing to do with you. Regardless, unless the person seemed like a good friend to you, I would write it off as someone not meant to be in your life.
sisterwoman is offline   Reply With Quote

VivianCP

Old 09-14-2019, 05:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I know you think she saw you and maybe she did, but sometimes, people are preoccupied with their own issues, as PP said or even just what she was shopping for, or doing. I would let it go.
VivianCP is offline   Reply With Quote

eliza4one

Old 09-14-2019, 05:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I would let it go, too.

The other night, we were in Walmart. I was busy looking at my shopping list on my phone and happened to glance up and see someone, but it didn't register who it was, as I went straight back to my list.

My DH immediately said, "That was _______". I had NO idea and felt bad, but...I had to let it go as one of those things that just happens when life gets hectic/I'm preoccupied.

I'm well aware that she probably thought what you did, but there's nothing I can do about it, now. I could text her, but we aren't really in contact anymore, as she moved to a different school.

eliza4one is offline   Reply With Quote

ElemSped13

Old 09-14-2019, 06:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

It's really hard to say but she truly may not have seen you. I know I went shopping today and was generally in my own world, trying to de-stress from the week. I scanned the racks but could only tell you vaguely what maybe 3 people looked like from my whole trip.
ElemSped13 is offline   Reply With Quote

DOUBLEWOW

Old 09-14-2019, 06:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I am extremely thankful for your responses and support. A huge part of me wants to believe that the individual was preoccupied on other things. However, we crossed path several times through out the store after the main encounter when I was ignored. Our eyes did connect briefly then and the individual avert his/her eyes continue to not acknowledge me and go on.

I know I should let it go but it is truly hard to do when you don't know why. I felt like thrash and still do. It is a feeling that just doesn't wash up. Thank you for listening.
DOUBLEWOW is offline   Reply With Quote

broomrider

Not sure why
Old 09-14-2019, 10:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

YOU should feel bad. The other person clearly has poor social skills, preoccupation, whatever. It's too bad, but far more about them than you.
broomrider is offline   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 09-15-2019, 05:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Truthfully, from your description, the other person could be at home saying the same thing about you. Why did you not just say something?

Sometimes when I am out and about, I really don't want to get involved talking to anyone. I want to be invisible. Sometimes it is someone I might not even remember their name, or be totally certain who it is. Then, I do try to make sure I don't run into them in the store. It isn't them, though. It is me.

Shake it off. Let it go. Next time be the person who says something. Then, if they ignore you, you walked the high road. And post here.
kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote

Spedtxteacher

This is sad
Old 09-25-2019, 07:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I can't stand a Faker! They are all smiles at work but ignore you otherwise. I'm not saying we have to be buddy buddy because I don't want my colleagues in my personal business but geez at least say hey or bye.

Spedtxteacher is offline   Reply With Quote