Help

Sunflower Room

BookMuncher!

>

2nd grade rocks

BookMuncher!
Old 09-01-2007, 05:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi, I wanted to know if you ever made it to Carmines? I hope so.
Anyway, I need a little encouragement here. first let me tell you happy I am that you took organized notes from TC. I have read them, and I am like wow! I stink at taking notes to share with others. The Queen of Disorganized! Anyway, I am really depressed right now because school starts on Thursday, we have inservice Tues. and WEd. and my classroom is off limits because we failed inspection and have no CO! SOOOOOOOOOOOOO, my dreams of organizing my library are down the drain and I am feeling very discombobulated! (sp) I don't even know where to begin. Oh and furniture isn't even here yet! Can you give me a little encouragement and guidane s to what I should have the kids do for RW the first day????? If I can get into my classroom. I think this whole situation has caused brain suckage and I am empty. Anyway, thanks for at least listening.

Liz

clkelley

Liz
Old 09-01-2007, 07:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm not Bookmuncher,but I am Cheryl from California, the 2nd grade teacher that I think you will be doing penpals with--when you get into your classroom. So sorry to hear about your situation. What are you guys doing with those kiddos if you can't get in by Thursday?!

2nd grade rocks

That's a good question
Old 09-01-2007, 08:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I don't really have an answer! I just hope that they do what they have to do for us to pass inspection and then we can get in there on Tuesday! If not then I don't know! And, now it is just affecting me overall! I feel like I don't even know where to begin!

BookMuncher

Liz :-(
Old 09-02-2007, 01:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I'm so sorry to hear that! I've never known anyone to say that they got into their rooms THAT late!

Why don't you look at it from the bright side? (because what other choice do you have, right? ) If I were you, I would pull out some books on the first morning and put them in bins at each table. I would tell them that you were sad about not being able to set up the library until you realized that now you had a whole lot of kids to help you. Carve out about 30 minutes a day for RW-- 5-10 for reading, 7 for the mini, and the rest for doing a little book organization. Maybe you put out empty baskets and every child places/decides where two books go each day. This would really slow down the process of getting to know their library (in a good way!). There's really no reason that our libraries have to be set up when the kids walk in... they aren't even reading from them at that time anyways!

Does that make sense or does my advice not work with your situation?

PS: We didn't get to go to Carmine's . I remembered the name, but we actually had our week pretty much planned for ourselves because we met someone three out of four nights. I will remember the name of the place for the next time, b/c I don't intend for that to be my last time at TC!
PPS: Here's something that I KNOW will cheer you up!! We are now allowed to use up to 10 smilies in our messages at once!!!

liketeaching1

Smilies
Old 09-02-2007, 01:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

You gave me a smile!

2nd grade rocks

Smile
Old 09-02-2007, 01:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Thank you! I did start laughing when you said that about the smiles! That was actually a good idea. You put a positive spin on it. It didn't even occur to me.

Next time you are in NYC, you have to go to Carmines and bring you appetite with you! It is Italian family style dining.

Thanks, and I really needed that!