Help

Sunflower Room

Conferring With Readers

>

1stgradenew

Conferring With Readers and other prof. books
Old 11-04-2007, 02:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm wondering if anyone has read this new book yet? What are your thoughts on it? I just ordered mine yesterday straight from the publisher. I can't wait to get it!!

Also, I'm wondering if anyone has read any other new books lately? I haven't read much lately and have some time to do some reading now.

Last edited by 1stgradenew; 11-04-2007 at 03:42 PM..

Meredith

Conferring with Readers
Old 11-04-2007, 03:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I just got my copy in the mail the other day. So far I have only read the first few chapters which are mostly an overview of reading workshop, but I'm really excited to begin the chapters that focus on conferring. I feel like I could really use some guidance when it comes to my reading conferences, and so I'm hoping this book will help. Too bad I have parent/teacher conferences this week and will probably have almost no time to read the book until next weekend. Let me know what you think when you get your book.

Bella Stella

Conferring with Readers
Old 11-04-2007, 05:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Hi Meredith! I just purchased the book at TC's Saturday's reunion. I started reading the first two chapters, but didn't get through all of it yet. The first chapter discusses what it means to be a reader and the second chapter focuses on what it means to teach reading. Gravity Goldberg is one of the authors. I've taken a workshop given by her and she was one of the staff developers at my district's summer writing institute. She's amazing and I'm sure her book will be as well! I'm looking forward to free time to finish it!

kn324

Me too!
Old 11-29-2007, 05:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I'm at the same point as everyone else. I am excited to get into the meat of conferring! I've just been toooooo busy to dig into it.

iluv3rd

I just love...
Old 11-29-2007, 06:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Comprehension Connections by Tanny McGregor. And I want to order Beyond Retelling by Cunningham and Smith. I am always on the lookout for a good book. Thanks for the heads up on this one.