Help

Music Teachers

Storage Ideas

>

Mere2086

Storage Ideas
Old 08-01-2015, 02:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello, I am new to this website, happened to stumble upon it while I was googling ideas for my classroom. I am a music teacher at a private school, so my classroom is used in the evenings by other groups not associated with the school. Unfortunately this means I have to lock up or hide everything so people are not using and abusing school supplies. I would like to keep a dry erase board, folder, music, pencil, and such at each of their chairs, but then I would have to put them up and bring them out each day, which I would rather not do. I have 30 chairs and no tables or desks, it is set up like a band rehearsal setting. Can anyone give me an idea to store these things at their desks and lock them up or close them in? I have a budget around $100. I thought about chair pockets, but I can't close and lock them from what I've seen. I also thought about dish tubs underneath, but same problem, can't lock. Any help or ideas? Thanks

Mere2086 is offline   Reply With Quote

Teacher_twins

Old 08-01-2015, 06:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

What if you put the music in a pocket of the folders and stick the whiteboard in the folder (plastic folder probably) and tape or staple a sandwich bag to the back of the folder for the pencil and marker.
That way you can just pick everything up and throw it in your office or wherever you lock them up. Also, it makes out examine each folder so you can replace materials as needed before you pass them out or lock them up.
I used to be in a situation like you where someone would use my room at night, luckily it was only on Wednesday and Sunday and they always disrespected my stuff.
Teacher_twins is offline   Reply With Quote

barfieldmusic

milk crates
Old 08-14-2015, 03:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I put all my supplies in milk crates and have them assigned to certain groups. i take time to teach them to pass it out. Have student helpers in the first class now where they are and get them out for the day. Have another set in the last class put them up.
barfieldmusic is offline   Reply With Quote