Help

Music Teachers

Musical about decades of music

>

shemiss

Musical about decades of music
Old 04-22-2015, 06:50 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I know that I've seen a musical for 5th and 6th graders that included the decades of music....from maybe the 50's to now....I can't seem to locate where I saw it or find anything that resembles it.....Please help if you have done anything appropriate for this age.....I love the 60's music if you have just something that includes this era of music....thanks

shemiss is offline   Reply With Quote

barfieldmusic

Have the students write it
Old 04-24-2015, 06:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I pick out a few songs from each decade and then the students will decide which ones they want to do. I then have them work in groups and research a song for information about it. Other groups are using their social studies book to create info about the decades. I then have the students read what they have written as the song introductions during the show.

I have done this a few times my principal loves it because it involves writing based on informational text. They only write one paragraph on the song or the decade.

If you have multiple groups have more than one write on the same topic then the group votes on which one they will read in the concert.

By doing this was less work on me and the students took a lot of ownership of the program.

I can send you a copy of last years powerpoint if you want. Just message me.
barfieldmusic is offline   Reply With Quote

Teacher_twins

Old 07-23-2015, 11:01 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I think the name of a show with Elvis music is called Footloose or All Shook Up. I don't know how appropriate that show is for 5th and 6th grade though. Totally Electric is about an 80's show choir. It only has a cast of like 13.
Teacher_twins is offline   Reply With Quote