Help

Music Teachers

Tips

>

mrteacher2012

Tips
Old 01-03-2016, 01:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I plan to one day become a music teacher later in my career. I would like to know how you go about organizing files, putting together programs (where do you go to pick music programs for Christmas and any other programs you put together), how do you manage behavior, and should I begin practicing piano?

mrteacher2012 is offline   Reply With Quote

MrsTchrLady

Best of Luck!
Old 01-21-2016, 01:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

As far as organization, I suck at it, so I won't offer any advice with that. I use JW Pepper for my music. I just listen to the tunes and whatever sounds good to me. Obviously you have to choose something your group will be capable of performing without being set up for failure. Maybe have a listening day with your kids and let them be part of the choosing process. I don't put up with much in my classes for managing behavior. My classes are large and control can be quickly lost if I were to allow misbehaviors. Do you plan on teaching choir? If so, yes, you should be working on piano. I use piano with my band kids as well, though. Best of luck in your endeavors!!
MrsTchrLady is offline   Reply With Quote