Help

Substitute Teachers

calculating hours

>

pt2014js

calculating hours
Old 03-19-2020, 09:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Question, when filling out the quarterly earned amount for unemployment = are you putting down the amount from the check you received in that quarter or the amount you earned during that time.
My district takes a month sometimes up to six weeks to send check.
That puts us in a different quarter for the check and maybe 2 differnt quarters in one paycheck.
Now that I have written it down, I believe I do have to calculate hours each week and the amount.
Glad that subfinder /Frontline has all assignments writen down. but now in the database form i would like.

Time for another cup of tea Have to get the claim in this week.

pt2014js is offline   Reply With Quote

luv2teach2017

Check out the EDD site
Old 03-20-2020, 07:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I've been fishing around the (CA) EDD site and found tons of PDFs and information pages explaining the process. It takes time so search around, but you'll find pretty much all your questions answered.

Here's a PDF about calculating your UI eligibility:
https://www.edd.ca.gov/Unemployment/Eligibility.htm

I've filed for (and received) UI several times in the past, so here's what I know. The form asks you to report your "gross earnings" for each quarter. So you go by the "[pay] period ending" date on your check stub, NOT the date the check was actually issued.

For instance, I earned $1230 gross during the pay period from 11/31 to 12/31. I didn't get paid till 1/10/2020. However, I included the $1230 as part of my 10/1/2019-12/31/2019 quarter earnings.

Hope that helps!
luv2teach2017 is offline   Reply With Quote

bodhimom

Old 03-20-2020, 08:38 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Luvtoteach, Thank you so much for the info. I just look at your link and, unfortunately, I don't think I made enough. I've only made $4,000 this entire school year. I'm not sure, but I really didn't think I'd get anything.

Aillya, thank you for the original link to the website to file.

I wouldn't have known how to do any of this without you guys. I've never done this before.

I know this list barks at each other, sometimes, but I think this bad situation has really brought us together.
bodhimom is offline   Reply With Quote