Help

Substitute Teachers

Out until May 5th

>

Sirsubalot

Out until May 5th
Old 03-21-2020, 12:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Two of my districts just updated their return date as being May 5.

Strangely, my largest other district just posted a long term high school math class that begins on April 6.

So far, no notices from EDD about my unemployment status which I filed for last Sunday.

Sirsubalot is offline   Reply With Quote

Sublime

Old 03-21-2020, 10:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Sirsub: I filed on Monday 3/16. Did you receive an email stating your claim was accepted? I only received an email saying I had registered for an account. Today when I went in and clicked on "manage or register" your claim I was sent to register a claim. There was no option to check on the status. I am also in CA.
Sublime is offline   Reply With Quote

Sirsubalot

Old 03-22-2020, 10:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

There is no evidence at all that I even filed a claim. I might try to contact them by phone or e-mail.

I am tempted to try filing again.
Sirsubalot is offline   Reply With Quote

bodhimom

Old 03-23-2020, 07:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I don't know that there would be a "status," except maybe that you had applied. What would have changed to give it a new "status?". It does seem like it would say that you had applied. Sir - how long has it been? You might have said, but I don't remember.
bodhimom is online now   Reply With Quote

Sublime

Old 03-23-2020, 08:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

By "status" I meant there was nothing that stated "claim received, claim filed" etc. because even though I hit "submit" maybe something went wrong.

However, SirSub, when I was trying to find information I clicked on something and I got a statement in red that said, "You already have a claim in process," or something like that.

My husband did some research into the use of the site and he thinks that until the claim is processed I won't see anything. Once it is, I will be able to click on "Notifications" on the home page and get some further information. I would think that once something happens I will get an email??

Just imagine how many claims they are getting at this point. I'll be patient...

Oh, and I tried calling and got a message saying they are so busy they are not answering the phone.

Sublime is offline   Reply With Quote

bodhimom

Old 03-23-2020, 09:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Just to give you guys an idea, if this helps (I don't know), but I'm in California.

I was told of the closure on Friday, March 13 (Friday the 13th lol).

I applied, using the link that Aillya gave out (thank you Aillya) on Sunday, March 15.

I think it was last Thursday that a machine called and gave my date and time for my interview.

Yesterday, March 22, I received the two letters. One was a form letter and the other was a letter giving the day and time of my interview.

I never received anything through email, nor have I returned to the site.

My interview is tomorrow, March 24.

So I applied on March 15 and my interview is March 24. So 9 days between. But I think, since I applied early, that might have helped me, timewise, anyway. I still don't think I'll get anything, but I'll keep you guys posted as to the process and what they ask me tomorrow.
bodhimom is online now   Reply With Quote