Question for subs who have been banned/blocked by a school on Aesop. - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Substitute Teachers

Question for subs who have been banned/blocked by a school on Aesop.

>

Th s.

Th s.

Question for subs who have been banned/blocked by a school on Aesop.
Old 02-02-2020, 10:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Let's say you sub for district A and Aesop shows you 20 schools (on the settings) schools tab. You want to sub at all 20 schools, so you leave them all unchecked. Let's say you were banned/blocked from school X, did school X disappear in the school list tab (and now you see only 19 schools listed)?

Did the school you were blocked/banned from disappear from the school list tab?

Th s.

Th s.

Update
Old 02-03-2020, 04:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I spoke to a sub. Cord. briefly and she said If you are blocked from school X, you will not see jobs from School X. So you can't ever work and get jobs for school X.
School X will not disappear from the Aesop district school list on the Aesop school tab. On aesop you click on the school tab and you could put a check next to schools you don't want to sub at (let's say your district has 20 total schools). If you are banned from school X, you will still see School X on that list (so your still seeing 20 schools on the Aesop school tab). School X will not disappear from the Aesop settings school tab (so you will see 20 schools, not 19 schools).

Sub cord. also said the sub's are not always notified if they are blocked from a school. She said the site (school) should talk to the sub. if they have an issue with the sub's performance.

bodhimom

Old 02-03-2020, 06:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I think you should just ask the school instead of driving yourself crazy like this.
bodhimom is online now   Reply With Quote

subasaurus

Old 02-04-2020, 01:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Yeah, if you're banned, their jobs won't show up.

The school site tab just displays what districts you signed up for as a substitute.

Don't sweat it. Not worth dwelling over. If they banned you for a silly, petty reason they weren't worth your energy anyway.

I've been banned for unfair reasons before.

Some schools just like to be on a power trip, or don't respect subs in the first place, and refuse to let them defend themselves.
subasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Th s.

Th s.

Notified?
Old 02-04-2020, 12:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Were you ever notified when you were blocked from a school? How were you notified?

luv2teach2017

Old 02-04-2020, 04:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

From what I've experienced, it depends on the district and how much autonomy they allow individual schools. Some districts allow schools to block subs at their own whim, without giving any notice. Other districts have a substitute coordinator who will notify a sub if there are any issues and discuss the situation with the sub. If you want to know your district's policy, you could ask HR about it.
luv2teach2017 is offline   Reply With Quote

YayaSub

What happened?
Old 02-06-2020, 10:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I'm not trying to just be nosy, but you seem very bothered about this and started two separate threads about it. Was there an incident that makes you suspect you were banned?
YayaSub is offline   Reply With Quote

Subtastic

Old 02-06-2020, 07:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

They don't always inform you. I had to call the HR Dept, and that was how I found out I was banned from a particular school.
Subtastic is offline   Reply With Quote

bodhimom

Old 02-07-2020, 05:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I wasn't informed, either. I called (after two weeks) and left a message and they emailed me back. So disrespectful. I told them, "What if I were a single mother with two kids? I could have applied to a different district (I only worked in the one high school in the district) two weeks earlier.". That's why unions are necessary. If they can get away with it, they will do it.
bodhimom is online now   Reply With Quote

bagano1

Old 02-18-2020, 08:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I am probably one of the most loved subs in my area by everyone, teachers and students. I won't go into detail, for whatever reason, I am and I'm not bragging.

All my bans probably happened the first few years of the job. From the other regular subs I talk to, many have been banned by those same schools or refuse to work for them.

I don't know what the deal is with some schools. They're just run by mean-spirited people on a power trip or something. One school has never put me on their list. Their principal left and went to a school I was popular at. I was worried, I thought they didn't like something about me. Nothing changed there. I'm well known at another school in the district but I can't ever get put on at the high school.

Another one, a student made up something about me. Something really petty that never happened. They never called me again. They got a new secretary and principal, was even asked if I wanted to sub there. Nothing. Yet I still work at other schools in the district and am popular. It makes no sense.

I don't think there is anything you can do about these weird schools. If you plan to sub long-term, just let it go. That's their problem, when they whine about not being able to find subs, that's on them.

bagano1 is offline   Reply With Quote