Help

First Grade

A Fun Olympic Magnet Game

>

cvolcteacher

A Fun Olympic Magnet Game
Old 02-20-2010, 07:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I just stumbled upon a fun magnet game that will be perfect for my own class! I just thought I'd pass the link along for anyone else who might be interested!

http://thatartistwoman.blogspot.com/...&max-results=7

Here's an alpine skier image to use:
http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squ...-skier-colorin

On Monday, my school is doing an Olympics of our own! Each class has taken a country to represent and we'll have an Opening Ceremony as part of our regular Monday Morning Assembly. Each class will parade once around the gym and we'll listen to their national anthem for as long as it takes them to march. The husband of one of our teachers was lucky enough to be a runner in the real Olympic Torch relay a couple of months ago and he was able to keep his torch so we can use that in our Olympics! We're lucky to have the real thing for our day of play! We'll also have an oath to repeat.

Then during the day each of the classes will visit a series of seven stations. We've even managed to create a luge even using a handicapped ramp, lots of gym mats and a scooter board! We also have outdoor hockey, a slalom course, curling with weighted milk jugs, indoor para Olympic hockey (kids on scooter boards with little hockey sticks!), and a biathalon course (Kids wear socks over their shoes to race from one room, down the hall to another room where they shoot nerf guns at targets on a wall. The last station is a cookie and drink station... we've got chocolate milk and maple creme, maple leaf cookies.

After our turn at the Olympic stations, I'm going to have the kids make one of these race course games just for fun!

Hope someone else might be able to use this link!

Kerry in BC -- Home of the Olympics!

Last edited by cvolcteacher; 02-20-2010 at 07:38 PM..
cvolcteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

lexielou

Old 02-21-2010, 10:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

What a fun activity! Thanks for sharing the website!
lexielou is offline   Reply With Quote

HeatherJ

Old 02-22-2010, 04:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

He blog is great, thanks for the link, I had forgotten about her great art ideas!
HeatherJ is offline   Reply With Quote