I just thought I wasn't going to have to do much! - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

The VENT

I just thought I wasn't going to have to do much!

>

eagles23

I just thought I wasn't going to have to do much!
Old 06-10-2020, 06:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

When it was time to close out our classrooms at the end of the year, our P told us to clean them and just leave them set up for next year. Usually, we have to move everything so that they can strip/wax the floors over the summer, but she said they wouldn't be doing that this year. I was so excited because I liked my set up last year and it was going to make the fall so much easier. Yesterday I got a call that my room was one of the ones they would be painting and they gave me the option of coming in to take the things off my walls or they could do it. Well, guess where I spent my afternoon??!! Now my room is a mess because I also moved all the furniture away from the walls because they usually end up breaking my bookcases/shelves if I don't unload them first. I know the paint is needed, but I was just so sad when I left today knowing all the work that waited on me in the fall.

eagles23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 06-10-2020, 08:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Oh, that stinks to have your expectations flipped. I kind of had the same thing today. Went in for something else and found out they are painting my doors. I had to take off all of my command hooks that hold a variety of pocket charts, etc. They were so hard to get right, and now I get to start all over. Not nearly as bad as your situation, though!!
Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Singvogel

We're all so tired...
Old 06-11-2020, 07:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

That is a bummer! With all the changes we've been rolling with, to have another big one on top of that must be so hard.

We had to get out on the last day and cannot go in during the summer or early because of construction at our school. We were at school Monday-Wednesday to get desks emptied and get things up off counters, etc., for summer cleaning. The amount of dirt was incredible! The new building is going in between two existing wings. That means about ten classrooms will be filthy with construction dirt and dust no matter what our custodians do. I'm looking forward to using my own shop vac on EVERYTHING in August.

I hope you have adequate time to get everything set up so that you can enjoy your fresh walls.
Singvogel is offline   Reply With Quote

BioBirdie

That's so annoying!
Old 06-11-2020, 02:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I am in a room cleaning funk. Before Christmas I was moved out if my science lab and room, supply closet and all cupboards, for a much need room renovation. It was stressful, but I was excited for the change. Well, work on my room stopped during quarantine. There is no word on when the room will be done. I don't want to clean my temporary room if I'm going to have to go in before classes start and move back in. Of course it might not be ready by then. Who knows? I want to give up! So....you could be in my shoes!
BioBirdie is offline   Reply With Quote

Mshope

Hope it turns out
Old 06-15-2020, 05:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Well, I hope they actually do the painting.

They told us for three years that they were painting and never did. When they finally did it, they did a horrific job. So I spent years covering up the cracks and chipped away paint. This year we were told to strip everything because of new "guidelines." I tore everything down and it looks bad. The sad thing is that I know that they probably won't even check. No one else took anything down!

Mshope is offline   Reply With Quote