Writing & Language Arts

Writing Procedures

>

star05

Writing Procedures
Old 09-01-2011, 03:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone has some fun and interactive ways to teach procedural writing for yr5 and yr6

Many thanks

star05 is offline   Reply With Quote

dewdrops

How-To Play ....
Old 09-06-2011, 01:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I take my first graders out to the schoolyard and bring a chart tablet and markers with me as well as a box with various schoolyard props, such as jumpropes, balls, cones, etc.. I gather the students and tell them that today we are going to plan a schoolyard game that we can all play together. I give them time to talk to each other about suggestions before they volunteer them. I begin my chart: Games We Can Play Together ( this will later serve as an idea board). After listing many games - freeze tag, jumprope, basketball, baseball, dodge ball, hopscotch, softball, soccer, etc..we choose one. I pretend I don't know to play this game and write on a chart " How to Play...." Then together we complete a chart on how to play the game - what materials do we need, what are the rules, what are the steps...With the time leftover- we play the game!
dewdrops is offline   Reply With Quote