Writing & Language Arts

Keeping Students Busy With Behavior Problems

>

teacher531

Keeping Students Busy With Behavior Problems
Old 09-02-2011, 12:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello,
I am a first year teacher. I really dislike using worksheets. However, a few students in my class have behavior issues and can not have self-control without having work infront of them constantly. (The past teachers of these same students had the same problem.) When I try to do activites that teach the same concepts as worksheets a few of my students can not handle themselves. I set expectations before the activity, go over rules, set voice levels, choose their partners ect. I do not want a few student to ruin it for everyone.

What am I doing wrong? How can I keep them busy without using worksheets, and keep the students undercontrol? I am getting behind on grading papers.

Thank You!

teacher531 is offline   Reply With Quote

cagsehr

Old 09-02-2011, 02:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I feel your frustration as I have the same issue with a few of my students. However, something that worked with one of my students was giving him special duties/privileges. For example, I have this ball that I use in my classroom and my student loves to hold it and squeeze it so I told him that if he can participate with his group and follow my guidelines, I would let him hold it. It worked for him, luckily.
cagsehr is offline   Reply With Quote