Career Decisions

Pre-K teacher want ads

>

FloridaMom2

FloridaMom2

Pre-K teacher want ads
Old 02-07-2006, 08:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

The preschool my children currently attend will need to hire a Pre-K teacher for the next school year. I am on the search committee and wondered where teachers look for new jobs- online, local paper or other areas/places in your community? We've tried the local news paper and have not received any response. Any tips on what you look for in a position would help too. Thanks for your help.

Lisa

SubforNow

Old 02-09-2006, 03:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Here in Texas, I mostly look at the local school districts' web sites. I don't usually look at preschools, because the pay and the benefits are usually low here. I have heard that there is a big teacher shortage in Florida, which will probably make it harder for you to find someone.

All that said, you might be able to find someone with young children of her own who wants to work in the same school her children attend. (I have actually seen this happen, and it worked fairly well.) Or you might be able to find someone who lives in your area and does not want to commute a long way to work.

Maybe post the job on the bulletin board at your school, or send it out in a school newsletter or handout for the parents. One of the parents might know of someone looking for this type of job. You could also post it with the Florida job search agency in your area. Good luck with your search!

Last edited by SubforNow; 02-09-2006 at 03:59 AM..
SubforNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Julie W

Julie W

I am a VPK teacher w degree in FL
Old 04-23-2009, 04:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

The first place I go is Teachers.com honestly teachers will go where the best pay is so if your school can't match what the county offers then most teachers will save your school for last However in FL right now it is a buyers market for teachers as there is a glut of them out of work and more pouring out of the colleges this May. I also check Craigslist.