Career Decisions

Just Wondering....

>

Teresa

Teresa

Just Wondering....
Old 05-01-2006, 07:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

How many of us are working moms trying to work on a degree at the same time. I guess with it being finals week for me I'm just stressed, I'm so tired I'm falling asleep at work . I have 2 more finals to go and 18 classes left till I finish. I'm taking 4 next semester. How's everyone else doing?

dee

Hang in there!
Old 05-03-2006, 01:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I earned my masters degree in 14 months as a single working mom, no family support available. I feel as though I put my babysitter through college single handedly! And I did both a elem ed AND a sped practicum during my first year of teaching.

Looking back, I can't believe I did it. You will do the same thing. Just remember how much better off your family will be, and the example of higher education you are setting for your children (and showing them the importance of homework).

4 in one semester is hard. What saved me was some intensive institute courses in the summer. My college also offers classes in non-traditional ways. For instance, one class met every Saturday. One met for 5 hours for 7 Wednesday nights, which is not a whole semester. Does you college do anything like that?

Keep plugging! There's nothing like going through graduation with your family and children there.
dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Teresa

Teresa

Yes!
Old 05-03-2006, 07:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

They do.. I am taking 2 classes on Saturday one from 8 am to 10:45 am and the next from 11 am to 1:45, then one on Monday nights from 5:30 to 8:15 pm. I know every semester that ends I'm like yes 3 more down ____ more to go!!!! Wooohoo I can't wait till I'm done... CONGRTS to your sucess being a single mom and all!

Quatro

Go for it!
Old 05-03-2006, 08:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I had both my kids while finishing my degree. It is hard work but worth it. I am happy everyday I can support my kids and myself. You can do it.
Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
SECRET

SECRET

Same Boat
Old 01-08-2007, 07:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I Am A Single Mom Of 3. When I Started College My Oldest Was 3 & Middle Was Months Old. I Had The 3rd During College. I Work Jobs Until 1 In The Morning And Had To Be To An 8am. Class At An University That Was An Hour Away From My Home. Looking Back It Was A "cakewalk" Compared To The Real Life Of Actual Teaching. I Know That Youj Will Make It Through School And Acheive Your Goal. Enjoy The Time Left You Have In College. If You Have Not Already Done So, Make It A More Memorable Time(as Much As You Can For A Working Mom). There Is One Piece Of Advice That I Will Give You That Other Might Not However, Do Not Believe That It "will Be Easier" After You Complete School. That Was The "song" All Of My Classmates And Myself Sang During College And It Could Not Be Further From The Truth. The Opposite Holds True. Do Not Be In A Rush.