Career Decisions

SAE and PE Same Day?

>

Maxie7

Maxie7

SAE and PE Same Day?
Old 05-23-2007, 03:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I get such good information reading this board! I'm thinking about taking both the SAE (English 6-12) and the PE both on the same day -- just to get them both over with. Do you think that's a good idea? Or should I take them on two separate dates?

Thanks so much for any advice!

careerchanger

Are You Ready?
Old 05-23-2007, 08:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I did well enough on the practice tests purchased from the FTCE site to fell confident about the PE and an SAE. Both were available as computer based tests, so it might have been smart to schedule one, pass it, then schedule the other, but I liked you idea of getting it done and knowing whether I passed (yes and yes). The CBT costs extra, but you get unofficial results immediately and have a lot more flexibility in scheduling. The English 6-12 is not one of the SAEs offered CBT, but the PE is. That gives you an alternative to taking both the same day or taking one then waiting months to take the other.
careerchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Maxie7

Maxie7

Thanks!
Old 05-24-2007, 04:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thanks for the advice! I'd love to put this all behind me before I start teaching in August.