Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Does this bug you?

>

momteach310

Does this bug you?
Old 11-08-2021, 01:54 PM

I guess I'm cranky today - but if you are on FB do you ever see the posts that say things like "tell us in 3 words",And then there are the people who answer in 6 words; or name a state, dog, word that starts with an a and ends in an a? And the posts always state - "I bet you can't. "
Well I have yet to see ANY that don't have many possible answers. .
and I do not mean our PT post that is 3 word Thursday.(it is Thursday isn't it) I LOVE that post - and most everyone writes 3 words, then underneath 3 words, etc. And they really tell a story - so that doesn't count in my mini rant
I never post a reply on the FB ones because I want to say "Are you kidding me? There are about 20 possible answers! Why are you people doing this?"
- okay - my mini first world problem/rant is over.

momteach310 is offline   Reply With Quote

TheGr8Catsby

Old 11-08-2021, 02:57 PM

Those are pages that are trying to get clicks/interactions for views which creates ad revenue.
TheGr8Catsby is online now   Reply With Quote

Munchkins

Old 11-08-2021, 02:57 PM

It doesnít bug me, but Iím surprised by how many of my intelligent friends bother to answer. Itís so ridiculous!
Munchkins is offline   Reply With Quote

Funnystory

Old 11-08-2021, 03:28 PM

Iím not on FB, but I have noticed it a lot on Twitter lately. I agree with a previous poster that said it was for the clicks and interactions. There is nothing people like more than to talk about themselves or prove how smart they are and people know it and appeal to them.

It seems very gimmicky to me and I too am surprised how many people want to join in and share their same redundant answers to something goofy like an easy question. To each their own I guess!
Funnystory is offline   Reply With Quote

PEPteach

Old 11-08-2021, 03:49 PM

It doesn't really bother me, but I usually think of an answer and feel proud of myself, then realize how easy the question is, roll my eyes and think how ridiculous the question was.

PEPteach is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 11-08-2021, 06:56 PM

A lot of those types of things are also super scammy. Things like, "the #1 song on the day you were born is your summer anthem- post your results!" Just a way for scammers to get people's names and birthdates. Or something like, "Your stripper name is the street you grew up on and the name of your first pet" - these are answers to common security questions.
Haley23 is online now   Reply With Quote

PoohBear

Old 11-08-2021, 07:17 PM

Quote:
but Iím surprised by how many of my intelligent friends bother to answer.
This is the part that bugs me. Some random person/organization/phishing or troll farm is making money off their clicks and/or getting access to their information but they are still compelled to answer Ohio to "There is no state without an A in the name. Prove me wrong" And I really can't stand the ones that end with "I'll wait"

My sister-in-law has been hacked so many times because she both answers and shares these kinds of posts. We've all explained that's why she's being hacked but she doesn't stop.
PoohBear is online now   Reply With Quote

MKat

Old 11-11-2021, 12:03 PM

DH's aunt accepts every stupid dare out there. She especially loves anything with misinformation about the public school system and/or that implies you don't love Jesus if you don't click to agree.

The ones that REALLY drive me nuts are the basic math problems. People that I know are otherwise ntelligent answer, but they clearly do NOT understand very basic elementary school algebra (PEMDAS - which I like to call Please Excuse My Dubious Algebra Skills) Aaaaaaack! It is sooooo tempting to click on them to "fix it" so I get the genius.
MKat is offline   Reply With Quote