Help

The Job Search

Another no

>

Violet4

Another no
Old 03-26-2019, 03:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Been trying to get a new job for years, got another no today. They didn't tell me no, but the position is not person anymore.

My current job is putting me through the ringer. I work at 2 schools and lately it's just been doing the work of two full time people who are always absent for one reason or another.

I really am at the point where I don't want to even try anymore. We go through so much to even get to the interview, spend so much time preparing and most of the time don't even hear from that school ever again.

I do have a therapist and outside activities that are trying to keep me sane, but I really am struggling here. No energy, self-esteem is in the pits and it has been that way for a couple of years. I just don't know anymore and I'm only here so that somebody hears me and I don't feel alone.

Violet4 is offline   Reply With Quote

sandycheeks

hey
Old 03-26-2019, 04:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Hey there. I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I feel this way all of the time. Every day. All day. I feel like I can't move forward in any other area of my life until I feel career stability. I have this sinking feeling that it may never happen though...and i'm not sure what else I can do in love, besides what I love. It's hard because my family and friends do not understand. I hope that eventually we both find the right next step, whatever it may be. After years, you'd think something gotta give here right. Best of luck.
sandycheeks is offline   Reply With Quote

Violet4

Sandycheeks
Old 03-26-2019, 05:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thank you for your kind words ♥️ they help a lot.
Violet4 is offline   Reply With Quote

gertegan

Old 03-27-2019, 12:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt. I've been looking for a job that "makes me happy" for years. Finally decided on coming back to teaching. So, I haven't gotten a "no" yet, but I'm expecting a good round of them in the next few months. Because I'm a positive person like that.
gertegan is offline   Reply With Quote

twin2

Old 04-15-2019, 11:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

The whole hiring process for teaching frustrates me. If there truly are teacher shortages, why are so many of us struggling to get in? This is my second year trying to get hired full time. I want a specific school within our school system, though I'd take any offered.

twin2 is offline   Reply With Quote