C4: FA Question #2

>

Silia

Silia

C4: FA Question #2
Old 04-15-2019, 07:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi! I am really stuck on this one:
For the FA form question 2 I am just a little confused as to do I discuss the SSA (student self-assessment) that I am including as evidence? This is what I have so far, but I think based on the feedback I got, I need to actually go into more depth about the actual SSA that is evidence??? Thank you!!
Formative Assessment Materials Form
2. Provide context for the examples of childrenís self-assessments.
[The first self-assessment I gave my students was a survey that asked them questions regarding what they knew about addition and subtraction with and without regrouping. It included questions that asked them how they felt they understood the different skills that are part of the learning targets. Students chose a face based on their feelings: happy face indicated they felt really good about that questions, neither happy nor sad face indicated that they were not sure about it or how they felt, unhappy face indicated that they didnít feel very good about their knowledge of that skill. The time that I gave the self-assessment was at the beginning our math block and it was introduced whole group. All of the students took it at the same time and on the same day. After I collected these we discussed their thoughts about the self-assessment and we also discussed that we would look at these later and use them as tools to show how they have learned and developed though the unit of learning. I analyzed their answers from the collected samples and had students add them to their math binders that serve as their portfolios of their learning over time and their future self-assessment of meeting their desired goal.

Zia

Old 04-16-2019, 04:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

That seems like a pretty thorough description of the context.

I have a question about this section, though:
Quote:
After I collected these we discussed their thoughts about the self-assessment and we also discussed that we would look at these later and use them as tools to show how they have learned and developed though the unit of learning. I analyzed their answers from the collected samples and had students add them to their math binders that serve as their portfolios of their learning over time and their future self-assessment of meeting their desired goal.
Does this belong in the context prompt? Isn't there one that asks how you use the results? Obviously, I don't have all the prompts memorized, but look at the other prompts in case I'm remembering correctly.
Zia is offline   Reply With Quote