Help

BusyBoard

Donors Choose- WooHoo!!!

>

MayCee

Donors Choose- WooHoo!!!
Old 07-29-2010, 06:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I just had another project funded! I will be recieving 2 bean bags, 6 soft seats, 1 reading pillow, and 2 backpatter seats (they are like the back of a chair that sit on the floor.) We were told by our super. that all the "homy" stuff (like this stuff) had to go this year, but I talked to my P after this announcment and told her what I had just posted on DC. My P got it approved to keep materials that would be directly used for students, especially since we are going the D5 route. So I get to keep the funding and get comfortale places for my students to learn. I am soooo excited.

Now I'm off to write another one. What should I ask for now?

MayCee is offline   Reply With Quote

divaB

Congrats!!!
Old 07-29-2010, 06:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I think I might just give Donors Choose a chance!!
divaB is offline   Reply With Quote

DaisyBear

Yay for you!
Old 07-29-2010, 06:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Congrats on your stuff. Donors Choose is awesome!
DaisyBear is offline   Reply With Quote

iluv2lrn

I had no clue!
Old 07-29-2010, 06:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I didn't even know something like this existed! What a wonderful site!
iluv2lrn is offline   Reply With Quote

acorngirl

Awesome!
Old 07-29-2010, 06:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I have an account, but never posted to it, since I had never heard if *real* people win. Anyway, when I get back to school, I'm going to take a pic of my class and ask for a projector and doc cam.

Is that something you need?

What about programs, books to supplement/replace in your library, manipulatives, netbooks?

acorngirl is offline   Reply With Quote

catgirl79

Good for you!
Old 07-29-2010, 07:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I also have had projects funded. My favorite was a huge assortment of math manipulatives! The students also loved the fact that someone they didn't know helped supply our room. Good luck!
catgirl79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Shelsy

Maycee
Old 07-29-2010, 07:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Congratulations!

What exactly are the backpatter seats called in your project? I tried to start one for them and the online store at Donors Choose can't find them.

Thanks!
Shelsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Mathematician

Old 07-30-2010, 01:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Congratulations. That is so awesome!
Mathematician is offline   Reply With Quote

MayCee

Old 07-30-2010, 03:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Here is a link to the backpatter seats. I forgot they had a bottom to them.

http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/sea...08474395181113

Donors choose has helped me get so many things for my classroom that I'm not able to afford. It is an amazing site!

Charl

Old 07-30-2010, 04:11 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

That is super! I have to ask why you can't have homey things in your room? Never heard of that before.

Charl is offline   Reply With Quote

teachindakidz

Funding
Old 07-30-2010, 04:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

Hope you don't mind me asking, but how long did it take for you to have your project funded? I've submitted two projects that are pending review from donorschoose, hopefully they will be approved soon. I wanted to have some items before school begins, but don't think it will happen.

And you did also get your beanbags from lakeshore? If so can you post a link of the picture? Thanks
teachindakidz is offline   Reply With Quote

ILove2teach

Old 07-30-2010, 04:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

To the person who asked about how long things take- it depends on if and when you get donations. I have had projects take the entire time to get funded. You also have to wait a couple of weeks for them to process your order and get the items ordered and shipped. I have things that were funded after April and they won't even order them until September.

I have had quite a few projects funded. My word of advice... don't ask for stuff like document cameras and projectors at first. Build up some "donors points" first with smaller projects. Now I have a TON of points. You get them by replying when a project is funded and returning your thank you pack on time. Also, I find that my projects under $300 get funded quicker than the bigger ones I have tried. Good luck everyone!
ILove2teach is offline   Reply With Quote

joeylena

Congrats!
Old 07-30-2010, 05:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

Wow! You are very lucky! I have projects on DC that will expire at end of Aug. and they have not been funded yet:{ I was asking for a big book easel and a rug for my circle time. I am wondering if I am just not good at wording my needs! I would be interested in seeing yours...
Enjoy your new seating!
btw - why no more homy stuff??
joeylena is offline   Reply With Quote

MayCee

Old 07-30-2010, 08:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

My super went into a school (not my school) at the end of this year and didn't like all the clutter. She said it looked like a dump in there. Now, most of the teachers have been in that building for 10+ years and they keep everything and I mean everything! This school is the highest performing school in our district and once people get in they don't leave or switch rooms so they collect all kinds of stuff. I walked into that building once and was a little overwhelmed by all the clutter. She made them go through and take everything out and only keep the current stuff. They had so much furniture in their classrooms. There were truck loads of stuff that went to surplus. She got this building clean and wanted the rest cleaned up as well. My building is on the oposite side of town, very low performing and doesn't get positive attention from the district. Our building is always tidy, not cluttered (our custodians have a fit if they can't get in to the rooms to clean easily every evening and our head custodian, well you don't want to cross her- she can be terrifying (though I am thankfully on her good side and get all kinds of help around my room). She makes sure we keep everything looking good.). We have a few teachers that have cluttered rooms, but it was nothing compared to this other school. We also have a high staff turn over. Most of our teachers are newer teachers so they don't have a lot. Therefore not a lot of clutter.

Here is a link to my reading pillow
http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/sea...08474395181113

Here is a link to my bean bag
http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/seo...02100363~~.jsp

And here is a link to my donors choose projects. I currently have 2 live projects and 3 projects that have been completed (I have completed 8 projects total, but 5 were on another account.) Some of my projects have been completed in the very final days they have been posted, actually one was completed the very last day it was eligible to be funded. I try to keep them around $200-$300. I also use the facebook option to post it on my page. I have only had funding from one person I actually know. My first projects was for close to $700. I had a lot of materials that could have been broken up into smaller projects. It didn't get funded.

http://www.donorschoose.org/we-teach/191486?active=true

debjones414

donors choose
Old 07-30-2010, 11:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

I just signed up with donor choose, can you give me tips on how to get a doc camera? How do I explain my "project"?
debjones414 is offline   Reply With Quote