Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

First back to school dream

>

crazy4catz

First back to school dream
Old 07-27-2016, 09:06 AM

Or should I say nightmare. I dreamt that I was asked to fill in a high school position. (I teach elementary) The kids were so obnoxious that I quit half way through the day. I am wondering if these dreams stop once you retire.

crazy4catz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 07-27-2016, 09:09 AM

I had one, too! I think because we are starting our home visits today so school is definitely on my mind.

In mine, my special snowflake from last year was getting taken away in an ambulance for a broken arm. And I was watching and feeling guilty because I was glad. And then I went into the caf to get lunch and one of our chefs was being very strange and had changed all of the lunch procedures and prices, and wouldn't let me get lunch, but all I really wanted was the strange looking egg and chocolate dessert he had out... Dreams are so funny!
Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote

CatLove

Me too!
Old 07-27-2016, 09:36 AM

Prince would not give me the class list until after school started (as it is we get it only a few days before school begins) so I found out once I walked in my room. There were way more students than I should have had and they were way older!

I still have over a month left!
CatLove is offline   Reply With Quote

bgteacher

retired
Old 07-27-2016, 09:48 AM

This retired teacher still gets those school nightmares periodically. They usually involve being involuntarily transferred (I was at the same school, same room, same grade for 29 years) and not getting all the kids to be quiet at the same time so I can teach the lesson.

I guess after 36 years of teaching my head still is on school. Once a teacher, always a teacher.
bgteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

tia

all summer
Old 07-27-2016, 09:49 AM

actually, i haven't had one for a while, but at last count, I had had ELEVEN school dreams! (a couple were actually good--one of the last had me as a super-cool suave hip teacher--like one you might see in a TV show)

hopefully they won't be as plentiful once August rolls around...

tia is online now   Reply With Quote

teacherwriter

Me too
Old 07-27-2016, 10:13 AM

I had one the other night. I wrote out a plan for the day, by hand (??) on paper, shoved it aside and said, "One down. 179 to go."
teacherwriter is offline   Reply With Quote

sportsmom88

Old 07-27-2016, 10:22 AM

I have had a couple. First, one I was wearing a cheer-leading skirt with just my underwear underneath. They kept showing and I was forever trying to pull it down. I came back to my room and someone had hung a sweater on my chair, I thought it was to cover my backside, . I could not figure out why the skirt didn't cover as I had wore it before . I did go home and change but the day was almost over. Now here is the killer I do not own one skirt or dress! Nor would I ever in a million years wear a cheer-leading skirt. I am not the most fit teacher. Second dream I wore I know what is with these clothes dreams. Like a bathing suit cover up that would not stay closed. I had nothing but my bra and underwear under it. I kept trying to hold it together and figure out a way to tie it. I sure hope when school starts I do not have a wardrobe malfunction. Last dream I have had already, is I am not strong enough to open my classroom door, and when I am finally able it is the wrong room. I do get to my class but only after it's almost over and the principal was looking for me. He does say well here she is and walks away. <! I have about a month I wonder what I will dream about tonight?
sportsmom88 is offline   Reply With Quote

tia

sportsmom...
Old 07-27-2016, 10:34 AM

i think there is some real psycho-analysis to be had with those dreams!

i goggled and found this:

Wearing clothes that you would not normally wear in waking life or clothing that doesn't fit you properly may suggest that you are putting on an act or show for others; you may be trying to be someone that you are not; it may be that you are not being true to yourself.

Wearing clothes that are inappropriate for a situation may suggest that you are behaving inappropriately in a waking life situation; or you may be feeling uncomfortable or out of place in a waking life situation.

Wearing or seeing a dress or skirt in a dream may symbolize your feminine aspects and how you are expressing your femininity to others. How much of your body the dress is covering up and/or revealing may symbolize how much of your natural feminine traits and sexuality you are revealing to others and/or how comfortable you feel about revealing these aspects to others.

Underwear may symbolize intimacy and the parts of yourself that you keep private: your secrets, desires, wishes, and sex life.

i think dream analysis is fascinating!
tia is online now   Reply With Quote

sportsmom88

Old 07-27-2016, 11:48 AM

Well, I am not sure about my dream analysis but it is interesting. I am a conservative dresser, lol. I think I am being true to myself . I haven't ever been one to dress on the "flashy" side so hopefully, that is my true self. I like to try and remember my dreams and see why I have dreamed them but have never analyzed them before.
sportsmom88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rollwithit

Old 07-27-2016, 05:16 PM

My BTS dreams are always the same. I'm standing in front of the class and can't remember what I need to teach. The class gradually gets out of wiggly and I can't control them. (Basically my daily real life teaching experience.) Panic!

Rollwithit is offline   Reply With Quote