Help

The VENT

I got put on the list!

>

Teacher_twins

I got put on the list!
Old 12-25-2016, 07:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Twice a year (August and January) my school sends out a list of teacher's who are teaching a class they don't have a certification in (they have 3 years to get certified). Most of the teachers are Special Ed. teachers and English teachers who let their ESOL Endorsement lapse. It is informally referred to as "the list of shame".

I GOT PUT ON THAT LIST BECAUSE I LET A CERTIFICATION EXPIRE FOR A CLASS I DON'T TEACH ANYMORE!

I used to teach Middle School Business Technology (Keyboarding, Yearbook, FLBA, DECA) and has a 6-12 Business certification. Well I figured I wouldn't need to renew it because I haven't taught that class in over 4 years and have no intention of teaching it again.

The P secretary sent the list out to make sure she didn't miss/accidentally leave someone on the list. I saw my name and I politely emailed her, explaining this to her and I never got a response. I just checked on my school website and the list is up and my name is on there. And I can already tell you she will not take the time to fix it for me (I rub her the wrong way because I file all my paperwork (mostly activity requests for rehearsals, shows, and tutoring sessions) at once, well in advance (who knew I would get in trouble for turning in something early )).

I wouldn't think this would have any effect on my career future, it makes me and the school look bad in front of the students, parents, my co-workers, and the community because the department head for 2 departments (math & media arts) is on "the list".

Teacher_twins is offline   Reply With Quote

hiker1

Old 12-25-2016, 08:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Let your P. take care of it. Tell him that you emailed the secretary and asked to be taken off the list.
hiker1 is offline   Reply With Quote

bgteacher

certification
Old 12-25-2016, 09:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

You're smart to let lapse a certification for something they no longer want to teach. If you'd kept it up to date there might come a time in the future when you had to teach it again.
bgteacher is offline   Reply With Quote