The Job Search

Job Opportunities in Metro Atlanta

>

Ribonchan

Ribonchan

Job Opportunities in Metro Atlanta
Old 07-01-2019, 07:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Not sure if teacher candidates in the Metro Atlanta area are aware, but I think Gwinnett is doing an in-person hiring fair sometime in early July and Fulton has virtual interviews during the month of July.

If you are interested in Fulton, be sure to jump on it soon. Fulton County requires you to pass an exercise where you teach a lesson over the phone before you can apply for the "teacher" position. There is also an extended question on the app where you have to analyze data that may take you some time.

I can't speak as to the exact conditions for these job fairs. I'm not sure what certification areas are in demand, where the fairs may be held, or if they are 100% invitation only. TeachGA may mention other job fairs, and private schools sometimes post on Indeed. Check actual school websites as well. I was frustrated to find that a local school system had had a fair but not advertised it anywhere but on their own website:/ Virtual schools are still hiring for a few positions but be sure to do your research first. One of them recently made the paper for not-so-good reasons.

Good luck to everyone who is still searching for a position! Many of we candidates will tell you that we have gotten interviews in June, July, August, and September. You never know.