Career Decisions

Transitioning from teaching to other fields

>

K12ENLTeacher

Transitioning from teaching to other fields
Old 09-23-2019, 05:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello,

I am trying to transition from teaching to other fields like corporate training. i would like to hear from those of you who have done that. My questions are:
1. What was the process like?
2. How did you get that job?
3. Did you have to get an additional degree/training/certification?
4. What other skills you had to master to perform duties of the corporate trainer?
5. How is the workload? Is it doable in that time you have in a day or is it just like teaching, 24/7 job?

Btw, I am an elementary school teacher with two degrees. Is there a chance for me to get into the corporate world at all? I would appreciate honest answers.

Thanks!

K12ENLTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote

applesaucencr

Old 09-28-2019, 01:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

So, corporate training must vary a lot by location. I looked into it and the jobs required education and training in adult and professional learning and human resources. They were also very technology driven, many trainings are done online and trainers were expected to set up the courses and know how use a few of the popular software programs in that field. Anything that I felt I could just jump into without further training was more of an assistant/entry level role. I just am not at point right now to take that much of a pay cut.

Good luck! I would love to leave permanently but I need the flexibility of the schedule due to my kids. But, my plan is to stockpile money and go part time only in about 3-4 years.

Last edited by applesaucencr; 09-29-2019 at 06:22 AM..
applesaucencr is offline   Reply With Quote