Help

School Mental Health

School Counselor National Board Certification

>

myantonia

School Counselor National Board Certification
Old 10-17-2016, 10:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Are there any other school counselors out there currently seeking their national board certification? This site has some great resources, as do some others, but I have seen nothing that focuses on the school counseling aspect.

I have completed two components already and I'm planning on doing components 3 and 4 this year. I was just wondering if anyone else was working on this.

Hang on out there, mental health people!! First quarter is over here in Missouri and the holidays are almost upon us.

myantonia is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 10-17-2016, 03:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Hi myantonia! Welcome to the board (and pt)! I feel like there was someone in our group who was also working on the national board materials, but I don't remember who that was. That is quite commendable- I do know it's a ton of work! Hopefully whoever it was will pop on. Does your district offer a raise for nbc? My last district didn't.
GraceKrispy is online now   Reply With Quote

myantonia

National Board
Old 10-18-2016, 05:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thank you for the welcome, GraceKrispy! Our district (and education in our state, for that matter) is struggling financially at this point in time. Currently, a small stipend is awarded when certification is achieved as well as a small stipend for participating in the certification process. However, in light of the big financial picture, I'm not sure how stable that stipend is.

Money aside, this has been the best professional development project for me to date.
myantonia is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 10-18-2016, 11:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I hope the stipend sticks around. It's awesome that you've seen value in the process- your school is lucky to have you! I see that the nbcc for school counselors is on hold for new applicants (I looked it up to remind myself of the steps needed to achieve it).
GraceKrispy is online now   Reply With Quote

NAZCounselor

Would love to collaborate!
Old 04-18-2017, 11:38 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Hi there!
Yes, I am working on the NBCT process, and I echo that sentiment of feeling like the ONLY counselor taking on this task. Would love to collaborate further!

I am ready to submit my Component 2 and test Component 1 in June, trying to tackle 3 & 4 next year. What has your experience been with this process? What types of interventions did you use for your 3 & 4 work?

NAZCounselor is offline   Reply With Quote

nanazgu

Old 09-28-2018, 07:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Hi!
I am starting the NBCT process and it is definitely overwhelming!
For those working on component 3, are you doing one-on-one recordings or classroom lessons? can we do 2 videos showing classroom guidance for component 3, or do we have to do a video on a one-on-one counseling session? i hope this questions makes sense.
thank you!
nanazgu is offline   Reply With Quote

hatchma

School Counseling
Old 09-23-2019, 05:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I am wanting to complete all 4 Components this school year (2019-2020). So glad I came across this post. I need support! How do you think you did? I few questions if you don't mind me asking!

1. I am working on Component 2 now... I have a small group of girls working on anxiety. I am trying to figure out the best work samples I could use with them. Do you think journal entries would be enough?
hatchma is offline   Reply With Quote

NB2020

School counselor here!
Old 12-08-2019, 09:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Hi Hatchma. Looks like you and I may be the only school counselors on this board currently working on certification this year!
NB2020 is offline   Reply With Quote