Help

School Mental Health

Cacrep

>

Sophianna

Cacrep
Old 08-17-2018, 09:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm at my wits end. I attended a university in Missouri where they were not yet CACREP accredited. (They are currently going through that process, but I was too far along in the program to be grandfathered in and thereby considered CACREP.) Since I was a teacher prior to this, I didn't realize what a negative effect this could have.

I was granted certification by the state of Missouri, but couldn't find a job. I took the NCE and passed, and was offered a job in Louisiana that requires a PLPC. But now Louisiana won't grant me a PLPC b/c they say I am three hours short for what they require. I figured at least I had certification. But no, the state of Louisiana is denying my certification now b/c they say as of June 2017, you had to have graduated from a university with CACREP accreditation. (I finished in December of 2017.)

I do not know what to do. I have relocated my entire life to this state, and now I cannot obtain any of the things I need. I feel like I wasted my money attending this university, which obviously I'll be paying off for years to come. Does anyone know what my options are at this point? I plan on appealing both decisions, but who knows if that will work.

Sophianna is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 08-25-2018, 06:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I don't have any personal experience with your problem (I don't even know what CACREP is, but I get that it's an accreditation of some sort), so I'm not sure what to do? Does Louisiana have any ideas for you on how you can get those 3 hours or how you can make up for not having CACREP? Alternatively, are there other places you can practice (in private schools, maybe?) without that state certification? Or any emergency/temporary certification?

I'm sorry, I wish I knew what to say. I'm glad you're appealing. It's hard to make up for not having the accreditation required. Let us know how the appeal goes!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote