The Job Search

New Job

>

Jlk23

Jlk23

New Job
Old 05-04-2019, 07:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I just recently was offered a new job from a former principal (at a new school). I know I will love working for him again and have heard how everyone loves it there. The bad thing is I keep second guessing myself. I hate making big decisions. I am apprehensive about giving up my seniority (not a lot, but I had a few years under my belt). I will be back on the bottom again. I will also go to a school where I don't have any friends. I don't trust many people at my current school, but I wasn't all alone. The positive is that I am getting away from a school with so many problems - A LOT of behavior problems, looney parents and gossipy adults. I know every school has their own problems like that, but my current school has A LOT! I just wish I had a crystal ball and knew I was making the right decision and everything will be good.

I don't know what I am trying to get from this post. I just have no one to talk to, because I am not telling anyone about my leaving until it has been approved officially. Thanks for listening.

cruxian

Old 05-05-2019, 12:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I hate change too so I can definitely empathize. It's hard to make a change.I think that having a job where you can trust the administration and where morale is good----those two things are important. If people are happy at their jobs, I imagine you'll make friends there. Not right away but you will. It's not like you're leaving behind a bunch of great friends.
Truly it sounds like a good change.
cruxian is online now   Reply With Quote
Jlk23

Jlk23

Thank you
Old 05-05-2019, 06:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Cruxian,
Thank you for your post! I truly appreciate your opinion and feel that I am going in the right direction. Thanks again.

Haley23

Old 05-05-2019, 08:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I would be nervous about going to a new school too. However, I think the fact that you know the P makes a huge difference. You have something the vast majority of people don't have; assurance the P already likes you and thinks you teach well. It's a lot scarier being just hired off of an interview, because you don't know how admin will actually react to your teaching.

My previous P is now in a district level admin position in another district. But if she were going back to being a P, I would work for her again in a heartbeat!
Haley23 is online now   Reply With Quote